As a part of our mission to conduct field research and educate people about sasquatches, we will be hosting the SRA Sasquatch Expedition, June 4-7, 2015, open to both the public and SRA Members. This expedition will take the form of a four-day, field class where you will be partnered with experienced squatchers for the duration of the class.
A secondary goal of the expedition is as a fundraiser for the SRA so that we can purchase advanced field equipment for use by participants during our expeditions, for our field work, and for our members to use via the SRA Members’ Equipment Program. We began a trial of the Equipment program last year with our recording equipment and cameras, which resulted in hundreds of hours of promising audio footage of which we are currently reviewing. We plan on expanding the equipment program this coming season, extending it to all members and hopefully adding more equipment, such as thermal recorders and the like.
This expedition will be led by SRA-Andy, SRA-Jim, SRA-Kris, and the other SRA researchers and patrons. Andy, Jim, and Kris have organized and/or attended over two dozen public and private expeditions since 2006, including BFRO expeditions, SRA expeditions, and others. In addition, our team of scouts and researchers have logged thousands of hours in the field with these creatures. Of the expeditions we scouted and organized, all had at least audio encounters and most had at least one visual encounter with sasquatches. With the knowledge we gained through these experiences and years of researching sasquatches, we will bring you to an area where you have the best opportunity to encounter these creatures yourselves.
This year we have a primary area we are focusing on in Northern Minnesota where there have been several close encounters within the last year or two.
Attendance is limited and based on a first-come-first-serve basis. Sign-up early to reserve your spot.
What We Will Provide
- A location that has recent/ongoing sasquatch activity where we can camp
- Training classes in how to find sasquatches, tracking, equipment, sasquatch biology, cast making, safety, etc…
- A small group camping experience in a hot spot with an SRA director, researcher, or patron in each group
- Access to the SRA equipment, including a thermal camera, trail cameras, I-Kams, audio recorders, and more
- One group meal during the expedition (bring your own non-alcoholic beverage)
- Permits for public land use and other fees as required
What We Require of You
- You will need to bring your own camping equipment and food to last for four days of primitive camping. If you lack the experience to do this but want to learn, this is a great opportunity to do so as we have many experienced outdoors men and women who can help you figure out what you need and how to camp.
- You must have a 2-way, family-band radio for use during the expedition.
- You must be 13 years old or older. Attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- You must inform us of any physical limitations you have that may impact the expedition, such as heart condition, asthma, diabetes, mobility limitations, etc… We will be staying in remote locations without immediate access to running water or toilet facilities. The expedition organizers reserve the right to limit you from partaking in more strenuous or dangerous activities if they feel you cannot safely perform the tasks required.
- Must have access to a computer, have a valid e-mail account, and be registered on the SRA Website (free registrant or paid member). We will be coordinating the expedition on an expedition participants only group in our forums.
- You will be required to sign a Liability Wavier and a Non-Disclosure Agreement before you will be allowed into the expedition forum group or to attend the expedition.
- You may not bring pets of any kind. This is not only for the sake of the expedition, but also for the safety of your pets.
Cost of the SRA Public Expedition
- SRA Member: $100
- Non-member: $150
All proceeds from this expedition will go towards fees and costs of the expedition and the SRA website first, then all other moneys raised will go towards the purchase of field equipment.
How to Join the SRA Public Expedition
If you would like to attend, please send the following information via e-mail to the SRA-Andy@sasquatchresearchers.org e-mail address:
- First and last name and age of everyone who will be joining you
- SRA website username
- Phone number at which we can contact you
- Your e-mail address
- Your mailing address
- A brief introduction of yourself including a description of your previous sasquatch experience and camping experience/preparedness.
We will contact you within one week of receiving your e-mail to register you for the expedition.
After you have spoken with us about the expedition, you can either send us a check to the following address:
Sasquatch Research Association
P.O. Box 20376
Mpls, MN 55420
Or pay via Pay Pal (including credit card payments) from the SRA Store.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below or call the SRA Hotline at (218) 789-1327. We will provide an answer within one day.
Note: Photos in this article are representational only and are not from the actual location.