As a part of our mission to conduct field research and educate people about sasquatches, we will be hosting the SRA Sasquatch Expedition, August 27-30, 2015, open to all SRA Members, Researchers, and Patrons. This expedition will take the form of a four-day, field class where you will be partnered with experienced squatchers for the duration of the class.
This expedition will be led by SRA-Andy, SRA-Jim, SRA-Kris, and the other SRA researchers and patrons. Andy, Jim, and Kris have organized and/or attended over two dozen public and private expeditions since 2006, including BFRO expeditions, SRA expeditions, and others. In addition, our team of scouts and researchers have logged thousands of hours in the field with these creatures. Of the expeditions we scouted and organized, all had at least audio encounters and most had at least one visual encounter with sasquatches. With the knowledge we gained through these experiences and years of researching sasquatches, we will bring you to an area where you have the best opportunity to encounter these creatures yourselves.
In addition, we will also be having a special guest speaker attending this expedition. I’ll be posting more on that in a few days.
This year we have 5 areas we are focusing on in Northern Minnesota each having had encounters within the last year or two. We are currently scouting these locations to determine the best spot that will give attendees the highest possible chance of an encounter.
Attendance is limited and based on a first-come-first-serve basis. Sign-up early to reserve your spot.
What We Will Provide
- A location that has recent/ongoing sasquatch activity where we can camp
- Training classes in how to find sasquatches, tracking, equipment, sasquatch biology, cast making, safety, etc…
- A small group camping experience in a hot spot with an SRA director, researcher, or patron in each group
- Access to the SRA equipment, including a thermal camera, trail cameras, I-Kams, audio recorders, and more
- One group meal during the expedition (bring your own non-alcoholic beverage)
- Permits for public land use and other fees as required
What We Require of You
- You will need to bring your own camping equipment and food to last for four days of primitive camping. If you lack the experience to do this but want to learn, this is a great opportunity to do so as we have many experienced outdoors men and women who can help you figure out what you need and how to camp.
- You must have a 2-way, family-band radio for use during the expedition.
- You must be 12 years old or older. Attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- You must inform us of any physical limitations you have that may impact the expedition, such as heart condition, asthma, diabetes, mobility limitations, etc… We will be staying in remote locations without immediate access to running water or toilet facilities. The expedition organizers reserve the right to limit you from partaking in more strenuous or dangerous activities if they feel you cannot safely perform the tasks required.
- Must have access to a computer, have a valid e-mail account, and be registered on the SRA Website (free registrant or paid member). We will be coordinating the expedition on an expedition participants only group in our forums.
- You will be required to sign a Liability Wavier and a Non-Disclosure Agreement before you will be allowed into the expedition forum group or to attend the expedition.
- You may not bring pets of any kind. This is not only for the sake of the expedition, but also for the safety of your pets.
Cost of the Expedition
- SRA Member: Free!
- Non-member: Join the SRA as an SRA Member before signing up for the expedition; click here to join!
How to Join the Expedition
If you would like to attend, please send the following information via e-mail to the SRA-Andy@sasquatchresearchers.org e-mail address:
- First and last name and age of everyone who will be joining you
- SRA website username
- Phone number at which we can contact you
- Your e-mail address
- Your mailing address
- A brief introduction of yourself including a description of your previous sasquatch experience and camping experience/preparedness.
We will contact you within one week of receiving your e-mail to register you for the expedition.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below or call the SRA Hotline at (218) 789-1327. We will provide an answer within one day.
Note: Photos in this article are representational only and are not from the actual location.