As a way to connect more closely with our Patrons, Researchers, and Members, we will be hosting the Members Only, SRA Montana Expedition, August 8-11, 2013. This expedition will be open and free of charge to the first 25 SRA Patrons, Researchers, and Members to sign up. As with our public expedition, it will take the form of a four-day, field class where less experienced members will be partnered with the more experienced researchers and patrons.
This expedition will be led by SRA-Jim, SRA-Kris, and SRA-Andy at a special site in the mountains near Helena, MT. This site has been very active for several years and is a special place we would like to share with our Members
What We Will Provide
- A location that has recent/ongoing sasquatch activity where we can camp
- Training classes in how to find sasquatches, tracking, equipment, sasquatch biology, cast making, safety, etc…
- A small group camping experience in a hot spot with an SRA director, researcher, or patron in each group
- Access to the SRA equipment, including trail cameras, I-Kams, audio recorders, and more
- One group meal during the expedition (bring your own non-alcoholic beverage)
- Permits for public land use and other fees as required
What We Require of You
- You will need to bring your own camping equipment and food to last for four days of primitive camping. If you lack the experience to do this but want to learn, this is a great opportunity to do so as we have many experienced outdoors men and women who can help you figure out what you need and how to camp.
- You must have a 2-way, family-band radio for use during the expedition.
- You must be 13 years old or older. Attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- You must inform us of any physical limitations you have that may impact the expedition, such as heart condition, asthma, diabetes, mobility limitations, etc… We will be staying in remote locations without immediate access to running water or toilet facilities. The expedition organizers reserve the right to limit you from partaking in more strenuous or dangerous activities if they feel you cannot safely perform the tasks required.
- Must have access to a computer, have a valid e-mail account, and be an active Member, Researcher, or Patron of the SRA. We will be coordinating the expedition on an expedition participants only group in our forums.
- You will be required to sign a Liability Wavier and a Non-Disclosure Agreement before you will be allowed into the expedition forum group or to attend the expedition.
- You may not bring pets of any kind. This is not only for the sake of the expedition, but also for the safety of your pets.
This expedition is free for all SRA Researchers, Patrons, and Members. You must, however, provide your own, transportation, meals, and other trip/camping expenses.
How to Join the Expedition
The expedition is available to a maximum of 25 SRA Members, Patrons, and Researchers; first-come, first-serve. If you would like to attend, please send the following information via e-mail to the SRA-Exped@sasquatchresearchers.org e-mail address:
- The name of the Expedition you want to attend
- First and last name and age
- SRA website username
- Phone number at which we can contact you
- Your e-mail address
- Your mailing address
We will contact you within one week of receiving your e-mail to register you for the expedition.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below or call the SRA Hotline at (218) 789-1327. We will provide an answer within one day.