As a part of our mission to conduct field research and educate people about sasquatches, we will be hosting the SRA Member Expedition and annual meeting, September 18-21, 2014, open to the first 30 SRA Paid Members or Patrons to sign-up. This expedition will take the form of a four-day, field expedition in an area where we have had sasquatch activity in the past. There is no charge for this expedition, but all attendees must be SRA Researchers, Partons, or Paid Members ($40 annually). On Saturday evening of the trip, Kris, Jim, and Andy will be holding the SRA annual meeting where we will be presenting our results from 2013-2014 and our plans for 2015. We will also be looking for member input and ideas for the future expansion of the SRA.
The expedition will be held in either northwestern Wisconsin or northern Minnesota, within 45 minute drive of Duluth.
Attendance is limited and based on a first-come-first-serve basis. Sign-up early to reserve your spot.
What We Will Provide
- A small group camping experience in a hot spot with an SRA director, researcher, or patron in each group
- Access to the SRA equipment, including a thermal camera, IR camera, trail cameras, I-Kams, audio recorders, and more
- Permits for public land use and other fees as required
What We Require of You
- You and anyone attending with you must be paid members of the SRA, SRA Researchers, or SRA Patrons.
- You do not need to attend the entire event, though we would like as many members as possible to attend the Saturday meeting.
- You will need to bring your own camping equipment and food to last for four days of primitive camping. If you lack the experience to do this but want to learn, this is a great opportunity to do so as we have many experienced outdoors men and women who can help you figure out what you need and how to camp.
- You must have a 2-way, family-band radio for use during the expedition.
- You must be 13 years old or older. Attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- You must inform us of any physical limitations you have that may impact the expedition, such as heart condition, asthma, diabetes, mobility limitations, etc… We will be staying in remote locations without immediate access to running water or toilet facilities. The expedition organizers reserve the right to limit you from partaking in more strenuous or dangerous activities if they feel you cannot safely perform the tasks required.
- Must have access to a computer, have a valid e-mail account, and be registered on the SRA Website (free registrant or paid member). We will be coordinating the expedition on an expedition participants only group in our forums.
- You will be required to sign a Liability Wavier and a Non-Disclosure Agreement before you will be allowed into the expedition forum group or to attend the expedition.
- You may not bring pets of any kind. This is not only for the sake of the expedition, but also for the safety of your pets.
Cost of the SRA Member Expedition and Meeting
- SRA Member/Patron: $0
- Non-member: Not allowed on this trip, please join before signing up by clicking this link
How to Join the SRA Member Expedition and Meeting
The expedition is available to a maximum of 30 people, first-come, first-serve. If you would like to attend, please send the following information via e-mail to the SRA-Andy@sasquatchresearchers.org e-mail address:
- First and last name and age of everyone who will be joining you (all attendees must be members or patrons)
- SRA website username of each member
- Phone number at which we can contact you
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below or call the SRA Hotline at (218) 789-1327. We will provide an answer within one day.
Note: Photos in this article are representational only and are not from the actual location.