SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

SRA Kris:

Yes, This sums it up pretty well.

To add a few more details, My parents had the cabin for around 20 years prior to selling it in hopes of better hunting and neighbors. In all of those 20 years, and even to this day, I have never been in that part of the woods. It is an area of about 75 yards in a somewhat circular area.

The door that had been forced on the cabin had two things I found amazing, even to this day. The door nob which was made of some kind of average metal. It was, for lack of a better description, squeezed tighter than it started – being compressed about 1/4 of an inch on all sides in an uneven way…with no tool marks of any kind…AND the lock mechanism inside the handle had been shattered internally. When we replaced the door nob the internal mechanism came out in small twisted chunks or shattered brittle metal pieces. The nob could be freely spun around with no resistance of any kind because of this.

There were no boot marks on the door and it would have been difficult to kick the door in because there were 2 steps up you had to take. I tried to simulate kicking it in but my legs and balance made it awkward at best.

Andy also left out that the clothing we keep hung in the closet down stairs (blaze orange hunting jackets or camo jackets) had all been taken off their hangers and left in a pile on the floor of the closet with some of the thin wire hangers badly deformed.

Lastly, the dead deer bodies had not been touched by other animals for about 4 weekends after they were found. I have no idea how long they had been there before we found them, but I would guess at least 2-4 days prior to discovery.

This i found very strange. Food it food in the wild. Why would they not be touched?

Don't Believe, Know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users