16 replies to this topic

#1 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

I have just announced the SRA Expedition schedule and plans for 2015.  Please discuss this here.

If you are a Member, also check out the 2015 Members' Expedition Possibilities section of the forums for discussions of possible free Members' Expeditions in the works.

• SRA Kris likes this

Don't Believe, Know.

#2 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 324 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

I'm in.  Can't wait to get out from behind this desk and breathe in the fresh air.  

#3 SWEDE

SWEDE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove, Minnesota

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:06 PM

...any time, any place, any price (its called being retired)---I'm in!  I was sick for six months last year so feel a real need to "catch up" on some time in the woods.

#4 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 324 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

We're about a month out from the first expedition of the year.  I'm getting the fever to get out and stretch the legs.  Got some new toys to play with also,so I can't wait.  I think Andy will be starting up the participants thread here is a little bit.

I'm also looking forward to seeing everyone again.  Wasn't a devastating winter but still felt long.  Squatchin' time is here. 

#5 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:58 AM

Sorry guys, I've been sick with flu and bronchitis for a few weeks.  I should have the post and store item for the first expedition up tomorrow.  If you'd like to sign up sooner, just e-mail me or PM me here.

E-mail: SRA-Andy@sasquatchresearchers.org

Don't Believe, Know.

#6 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:51 PM

The June Expedition is now posted.

Don't Believe, Know.

#7 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 324 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:16 AM

Just bought a new tent over the weekend and am really looking forward to setting it up in a couple of weeks.  Sez it's waterproof, here's hoping we won't need to test that out.

• SRA Andy likes this

#8 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,277 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:11 PM

Just bought a new tent over the weekend and am really looking forward to setting it up in a couple of weeks.  Sez it's waterproof, here's hoping we won't need to test that out.

Minnesota - Duluth Area - Lake Effect - Spring

I think you will be testing that out...Just sayin'.

• SRA Andy likes this
SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#9 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 324 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:19 AM

You mean that after a short hike, I will again be able to pour about a cup of water from my boots?  Ugh, bringing the tarps.

• SRA Andy likes this

#10 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:57 AM

I just got a new one too.  I finally decided that, considering how much I use it, it was time to invest in a good tent instead of keeping the Colman versions limping along year after year.  Myles and I got pretty wet last year.

I got this one from REI at their Members Sale:

d0863197-ee8f-46a1-9978-b84389908dc1.jpg

ad188a45-7d14-4904-857a-81870146aa8e.jpg

It is a 6 man, which means it will fit the boys and I and whatever gear we need with us. This is the closest I could find to a red tent that I could afford. :rolleyes:  

I also picked up three of these:

Allagash-Plus-XL-1.jpg

Don't Believe, Know.

#11 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 324 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:42 AM

Ah, yes the cot.  I equate moving to the cot similar to evolution out of the primordial soup towards bipedalism.    First, we start out Squatching, not knowing any better, sleeping on the ground with nary a blanket.  We realize that sucks and move towards a thin foam pad, which also sucks, but just a little less.  Then we move to the air mattress, which is good provided it stays full of air.  Alas, it always ends up with a leak, and we're back on the ground, which really sucks.

Then we find the cot, which I can only envision early man finding fire.  Off the ground and relatively comfortable, sleeping through the night, and if you're in my tent, listening to Erik's CPAP going off.  

Life is good.

• SRA Andy likes this

#12 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 324 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:20 AM

Two weeks from tomorrow.  How many will be attending?

#13 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,277 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:45 AM

I just got a new one too.  I finally decided that, considering how much I use it, it was time to invest in a good tent instead of keeping the Colman versions limping along year after year.  Myles and I got pretty wet last yea

That tent is so small compared to the palace you typically bring.

Ah, yes the cot.  I equate moving to the cot similar to evolution out of the primordial soup towards bipedalism.    First, we start out Squatching, not knowing any better, sleeping on the ground with nary a blanket.  We realize that sucks and move towards a thin foam pad, which also sucks, but just a little less.  Then we move to the air mattress, which is good provided it stays full of air.  Alas, it always ends up with a leak, and we're back on the ground, which really sucks.

Then we find the cot, which I can only envision early man finding fire.  Off the ground and relatively comfortable, sleeping through the night, and if you're in my tent, listening to Erik's CPAP going off.  

Life is good.

I actually still like sleeping on the ground.  It allows me to feel the footsteps better...acts kind of like an vibration wake up alarm for me.

I have not yet become bipedal based on your example.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#14 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:36 AM

I actually still like sleeping on the ground.  It allows me to feel the footsteps better...acts kind of like an vibration wake up alarm for me.

I have not yet become bipedal based on your example.

I figure I might as well get a good night's sleep as I NEVER wake up during nocturnal visits anyway.

Don't Believe, Know.

#15 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:23 PM

The August Expedition is now posted.

Don't Believe, Know.

#16 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 324 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:34 PM

I'm a maybe at this point.  Will keep everyone posted.

#17 woohoo

woohoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:38 PM

Argh. I can't go in August. That's the weekend before school starts and I work at the U in the twin cities. So...i will be a little busy. Maybe September will work out for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015, expedition, schedule, SRA, free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users