Photo

Dead Bigfoot -- A True Story (Justin Smeja)

Justin Smeja documentary kill

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:27 PM

This hour long documentary chronicles the events of hunter Justin Smeja after his alleged shooting of two sasquarches in October of 2010. The filmmaker embarks on an investigation filled with witness interviews, an intense polygraph examination and a long hard look at the evidence collected.

Then late one night at the location of the shooting, after taping a recreation, something strange happens. Did the film crew get more than they bargained for? Is this the evidence Justin has been looking for to prove his story?

Presented by MuldersWorld.com
In Association with The Sierras Evidence Initiative
Starring Justin Smeja, The Driver, Bart Cutino, Ro Sahebi and Sanh Oriyavong
Written and Directed by Ro Sahebi

Also see comments on Justin Smeja and this documentary elsewhere in this forum:  http://sasquatchrese...of-sasquatches/

#2 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 310 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

I followed this story very closely since the beginning and have listened to several interviews by Justin and his story has been very consistent.  

I would say this is very good and well worth the time to listen.  Highly recommend it for everyone.

#3 TruthHunter

TruthHunter

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

I was going to reply sooner, but I had a serious HUH? moment. There is one

glaring inconsistency in the video.

Toward the end they casually mention that the labs reported bear tissue for the sample. This is

completely at variance with the Sasquatchgenomeprojec report.

I bet within a week some version of the story traveled on a Sasquatch "grapevine"

over much of the west coast.

Its a sad story all around. Here is an adult distracted while caring for a very young child.

I imagine a widow/widower with a remainig child to care for. 

I suspect a lot of sightings happen  while adults are caring for children

#4 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 310 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:03 AM

I was going to reply sooner, but I had a serious HUH? moment. There is one

glaring inconsistency in the video.

Toward the end they casually mention that the labs reported bear tissue for the sample. This is

completely at variance with the Sasquatchgenomeprojec report.

I bet within a week some version of the story traveled on a Sasquatch "grapevine"

over much of the west coast.

Its a sad story all around. Here is an adult distracted while caring for a very young child.

I imagine a widow/widower with a remainig child to care for. 

I suspect a lot of sightings happen  while adults are caring for children

The genome project did come back with different results, but that is a soap opera in itself.  Here is a high level overview of the story.

Justin has the incident

He mentions it on a taxidermy forum site

Bart Cutino is also a member of that forum and contacts Justin

Bart convinces Justin to return to the site three weeks later, and find several feet of snow and find nothing

They return to the site (I believe several months later, could be wrong on the timing) with a tracking dog and find the sample

Dr. Meldrum examines the sample and believes it's coyote due to the undercoat

They submit a portion of the sample to Melba who returns a result of hybrid human

They submit other samples to three other labs who return results of black bear

This is where it gets sticky.  Rumor has it Melba called Justin and told him to destroy the other lab results and any other samples he may still have in an attempt to continue get funding from Wally.  Justin refuses and along with Bart, made the other lab reports public.  Melba denies ever telling Justin to destroy the samples and stands by her results.

Like I said, I followed this really closely.  I do believe Justin shot two squatches that day.

#5 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

I recently had a discussion with Melba Ketchum and Scott Carpenter on Facebook about the discrepancies surrounding what was tested and what Justin Smeja claimed about Dr. Ketchum.  I asked if perhaps Dr. Ketchum's lab had mixed up samples because what Dr. Ketcum tested from Justin, and what Cutino collected from Justin and sent to other labs had a different haplotype, meaning they could not be from the same source.  Here are some of their replies.

Scott Carpenter wrote this:  I think Justin Smeja is a lair to be honest. There was no "mix up" by the DNA Study team. I was involved in the study and Smeja is fabricating lies. He was never privy to anything about the study other than he provided the sample. Sample 26 was tested as I documented period.

Melba Ketchum wrote this:   I only spoke with JS one time and was not at the office but at home at the time..He never called the lab he never spoke to my personnel, I personally opened the FedEx box with his sample and divided it, immediately sending a portion to another lab that also extracted it. I extracted the retained sample personally. My techs never touched this sample. The two samples were given different numbers and were submitted to outside labs which called us after several tests and asked if 25 and 26 could be the same sample, which they were. For convenience, we called the sample 26 but it was actually two samples from the same specimen but extracted by different labs and tested separately. There are a lot of claims made which I have refuted with the data and then there are the personal attacks like saying I was raped by BF. That is ludicrous and untrue and shows the character of the person speaking such fiction. It's my opinion his efforts to discredit me personally and the study stem from a fear of arrest for killing the Sasquatch because it started right after he was told the results were human. I really don't care what he says or does since he will have to live with all of bad karma he has generated with all of his rubbish. I do get tired of the sheeple believing anything the haters put out there. I usually ignore such ilk but when it comes to the integrity of the study, I will fight back with the truth. I have a paper trail to prove it. I also have chain of custody for samples 25 and 26. The rest of it is not worthy of a response since it is untrue and I refuse to lower myself to the level of the haters, whatever their motive.

I replied back to them:   I thank you both, Scott and Melba, for responding and rendering another facet of what may have transpired. There is a lot of mystery connected to this. I do believe Justin Smeja shot two sasquatches, and I believe Dr. Ketchum is doing incredible work that greatly benefits sasquatch research. The rest of this saga, as disquieting and really mystifying as it is, is of much less significance.

To recap this, from what was published about the Smeja samples tested by Melba's team and the samples Cutino sent to other labs, they each recorded different haplotypes, which from what I've read those samples could not have come from the same source.  So, as part of the question I posed I wondered if Dr. Ketchum could have mixed up samples.  In response Dr. Ketchum's suggested Smeja may have got scared that he could be arrested for murder after Dr. Ketchum told him his samples came back human, and it was after that that Justin set out to discredit Dr. Ketchum for fear he could be arrested.  

Not stated in this conversation are charges that Justin Smeja gave different samples to Bart Cutino than he gave to Dr. Ketchum as part of avoiding shooting a human.  It was after Dr. Ketchum's results came back human that samples were sent to others.  

Following Justin's remarks that he had got mixed signals from people on Dr. Ketchum's team, some saying his sample had been tested, and others saying it had not been tested yet, it made me wonder if that indicated his sample could have been mixed up with other samples.  Dr. Kethum's response is that Justin never spoke to anyone else on her team, and that she only spoke to him once on the phone.  As you say Todd, it's a soap opera.

Here's a video of Justin talking about Melba Ketchum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users