#1 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:22 AM

On 3-16-15 William Jevning, who shared the podcast with Wes Germer and his brother Woody, announced he is leaving the podcast "Sasquatch Chronicles" to protect his reputation.  Here is what William Jevning wrote:

"Hello everyone, I am announcing my resignation from the Sasquatch Chronicles team. I am leaving for personal reasons. There has been a lot of controversy recently surrounding Wes and Woody's situation and I have a reputation to protect as an author. Reputation is everything especially in this subject as Rene Dahinden taught me, its not that I side with any particular views or opinions in this ongoing situation, I am simply protecting what I worked for long before joining the podcast. I very much enjoyed talking with all the wonderful people who shared their accounts and wish to thank them, it takes a lot of courage to come forward, especially publicly when ridicule may be the only reward. I will be working on my new books and field work and am sure will be talking on radio shows again if anyone wishes to hear what I have to say. Thank you for being so supportive in advance, and the best of luck to the Sasquatch Chronicles team."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/617665461641146/

#2 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:54 PM

There have been questions why William Jevning left Sasquatch Chronicles since he claims it was to protect his reputation.  What indiscretion had taken place by the brothers to elicit such a move by Mr. Jevning?  The charge is quite ridiculous and laughable.  People trying to discredit the brothers Wes and Woody's sasquatch encounter noted the moon was not full like they said it was.  But the answer is quite simple; their encounter was primarily inside a vehicle, and there was ample moonlight which they assumed it was a full moon.  It's a bit ridiculous to discredit their account over such a minor, insignificant detail.  

Also, the two brothers thought they were on Yacolt Mountian, but they later went back to the same exact location and discovered they were on Jack Mountain according to Google Earth.  It's something they discovered themselves and corrected.  It's not difficult to get confused on which mountain in a chain of mountains you are on.

That's it.  That's the whole scandal.  That's all there is to charges claiming they made up their encounter.  What I read was there was a subtle build up of trolling about this charge before Wes and Shannon went to Texas in March of 2015.  Will Jevning was supposed to be going too but he suddenly declined, which many Sasquatch Chronicles faithful view suspiciously since it was on the heels of a major troll infection accusing the brothers.  Perhaps Jevning got wind of what was coming and wanted to distance himself early on.  Perhaps seeing how Dr. Meldrum was maligned due to his association with Todd Standing had an impact on Jevning not wanting to be subjected to similar ridicule.

#3 woohoo

woohoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:58 PM

Jevning loves himself. He completely slams the co-hosts with his resignation statement. All he needed was the first two and the last two sentences. He could have created a nice clean exit for himself. Instead he had to tell everyone how great he is and that basically he is the chosen one. He likes to pump himself up by name dropping and did it quite often on the show. I had previously formed this opinion about his pride and the resignation letter confirmed it.
During the podcasts he had made statements in which his ego really showed:
He basically claimed to discover stick structures.
He claimed to have a secret knowledge about blonde haired sasquatches that Rene taught him and no one else knows. One on day he will reveal it to the people.

I respect his knowledge on the subject. I just wish he would dial in the ego a little. He discredited Wes and Woody with his statement.

#4 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:32 PM

Many people are unhappy with the way Jevning departed as co-host.  but in my opinion that shouldn't detract from the work he does in the future.  He is a very good researcher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users