17 replies to this topic

#1 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Discuss the Man is Pushed While Sleeping Near Lutsen Minnesota report.

Don't Believe, Know.

#2 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

SRA-Todd:

I don’t remember very many (if any) reports in the area being associated with a bad smell. Have I just missed that detail or is this out of the ordinary?

I’ve encountered plenty of foul smells while out squatching but have always been able to trace them back to me. It would be nice to be able to shift the blame to the big guy.

Don't Believe, Know.

#3 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

SRA Andy:

It is not uncommon in sasquatch encounters. They do tend to have a rotten egg/rotting meat smell. We believe that like a similar odor in gorillas (and to a lesser degree, us) it is a fear/stress released odor. In gorillas and humans these chemicals come from glands in the arm pit and is stronger in males; we postulate that the same may be true for sasquatches.

I’ve personally encountered this scent 3 times while investigating sasquatch areas/during encounters.

Don't Believe, Know.

#4 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

NDT:

Assuming the RP will be checking in to see his report printed, a couple words of advice/observations…

Just me talking here, but if I were solo camping (or even buddy camping) in northern Minn and I hear what I believed to be large footfalls close/loud enough to be heard and/or felt clearly, I wouldn’t dismiss them and go back to sleep. No scout around the camp perimeter out of curiosity, let alone survival instinct?

Outdoors-folk who have a possible encounter often start snooping it out in earnest. One must always be careful about classifying an unseen encounter as a monkee (paragraph 3), even though it may well be. Like testifying in court, if you don’t know, then state it clearly. To do otherwise is the path to credibility issues…

Good luck in your future monkee chasing…

NDT

Don't Believe, Know.

#5 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

mtbaker:

For the most part the most dreaded sound you will hear in the MN bush is the high pitched whine of a mosquito. Sure there are bears, squatch’s and wolves but most people will never know if they encounter one.

I was scared when it pushed me because I wasn’t expecting it. I have talked to other people about it and the only thing they and me can attribute to being able to push me like that was a sasquatch. That is why I included the ‘monkee’ in my report. I didn’t snoop around because I was tired after being woken up in the middle of the night and just wanted to get out of there.

Don't Believe, Know.

#6 mtbaker01

mtbaker01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEagan, MN

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

One thing I plan on doing this summer is scouting out the area of this encounter and see if I can find positions at each local campsite where a sasquatch could sit and watch campers. I also want to see if there is any type of trail system originating from the nearby bog to the campsites or if they have created a trail that parallels the Superior Hiking Trail. If I do have luck and find a trail or trail system I would attempt to map it out and record video of it.

If anyone has any tips or advice on this I'm all ears. I plan on doing this after the June expedition.

• SRA Andy likes this
“He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.”
JRR Tolkien

#7 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

This is a great idea.

I'd would love to join you doing this.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#8 mtbaker01

mtbaker01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEagan, MN

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

and I would love to have you with me!

edit: that sounds kinda wierd now that I read it

JRR Tolkien

#9 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

One thing I plan on doing this summer is scouting out the area of this encounter and see if I can find positions at each local campsite where a sasquatch could sit and watch campers. I also want to see if there is any type of trail system originating from the nearby bog to the campsites or if they have created a trail that parallels the Superior Hiking Trail. If I do have luck and find a trail or trail system I would attempt to map it out and record video of it.

If anyone has any tips or advice on this I'm all ears. I plan on doing this after the June expedition.

Watch for twist offs about chest height.  We have found that they often mark a hidden entrance to a paralleling trail.

Don't Believe, Know.

#10 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

Watch for twist offs about chest height.  We have found that they often mark a hidden entrance to a paralleling trail.

Stop stealing my thunder!

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#11 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

I have some stories to tell you about the Wisconsin expedition I was on...trails paralleling every road.  Just nuts.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#12 mtbaker01

mtbaker01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEagan, MN

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

That sounds awesome Kris.

JRR Tolkien

#13 mtbaker01

mtbaker01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEagan, MN

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Thank you Andy.

JRR Tolkien

#14 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

I have some stories to tell you about the Wisconsin expedition I was on...trails paralleling every road.  Just nuts.

Hey, those are my stories, get yer own....oh wait, you were there.

Don't Believe, Know.

#15 mtbaker01

mtbaker01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEagan, MN

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Kris your help would be greatly appreciated as we would be able to 'leap-frog' through areas of heavy brush in search of trails.

JRR Tolkien

#16 mtbaker01

mtbaker01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEagan, MN

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

Still haven't done what I talked about in this thread. I really want to at least go back to this campsite with someone this year. Mainly to just try to recreate what went on that night. Can a person easily push me with enough force to push me to the back of the shelter? Can a person easily knock down the tarp that was pretty much drum tight?

I'm just curious.

JRR Tolkien

#17 SWEDE

SWEDE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove, Minnesota

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

....MIchael, I'm not really into the winter camping thing.  But keep me in mind for this outing, pretty much any place any time.  It sounds good to me.

• mtbaker01 likes this

#18 mtbaker01

mtbaker01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEagan, MN

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

....MIchael, I'm not really into the winter camping thing.  But keep me in mind for this outing, pretty much any place any time.  It sounds good to me.

Hey Marshall I'm looking to do this when everything is green. I'm 95% certain I know where the possible squatch was hanging out. I also have an idea that it could have easily been hidden while I was eating its raspberries higher up on the ridge before I dropped down to the river.

JRR Tolkien

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users