#2 Airdale

Airdale

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMontana City, Montana

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

Great find Jayjeti, there has been a lot of speculation on this subject with some claiming that the reference didn't exist. Last month I found an online video of a 1974 Sasquatch program narrated by Peter Graves that included images of the cover and the Sasquatch page. I snipped images from the video of the books cover, a closeup of the text about Sasquatch, the page with the image of Sasquatch and a page on reptiles in Washington that was also shown. I was going to post them here but when I tried the "More Reply Options" button I didn't see a way to attach them.

Do you know what newspaper or newspapers that the article you posted ran in?

#3 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:35 PM

No, I don't know which paper that was from.  I almost always provide links to sources, but I somehow failed to provide a link. I read a wide range of things and I can't remember where I ran across that at.  I'll have to rack my brain some.  

I've seen the official page put out by the state of Washington listing the various animals in the state, which included a drawing of a sasquatch.  

I don't think this forum allows attachments.  You might e-mail an administrator on how to get that content on this board, like SRA Andy or SRA Kris.  It would be great if you helped find things like this, newspaper articles, to fill in some of these years.  The above is a 70's article.

I never use the "more reply options."  I use the icons in the bar above the post I'm writing to post pictures.  If you have a video, right click on the video and select copy the URL.  Then at the post click on the "paste" icon and paste the address there.  It is the fourth icon from the top right.  You can also use that feature to post photos.   But the admins know this stuff better than I do and maybe they can help you get your content posted.

#4 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

Click on the AP article below to enlarge and read.

535722_485706228133889_835529059_n.jpg

Images From Washington Environmental Atlas 1975

486949_475286595842519_1955467339_n.jpg

483110_475286675842511_44335692_n.jpg

8482744275_838993f27c_z.jpg?zz=1

Below is an unclassified 1959 directive sent from the U.S. State Department to our embassy in Katmandu on how to treat Yetis.  

YetiMemoFinal.jpg.CROP.article920-large.

#5 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:34 PM

Here are the photos you wanted posted Airdale and Jayjeti.  There was an error in the files that was keeping them from posting.  I just opened them in Photoshop and re-saved them.  They work now:

Attached File  Corp. of Engineers Cover.JPG   52.95K   2 downloads

Attached File  Corp. of Engineers Repitle.JPG   44.97K   3 downloads

Attached File  Corp. of Engineers Sasquatch Text.JPG   55.81K   1 downloads

Attached File  Corp. of Engineers Sasquatch.JPG   49.56K   2 downloads

Thanks,

Andy

Don't Believe, Know.

#6 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:40 PM

Andy, I can't open the links.  It says Sorry, I don't have permission for that.

#7 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:53 PM

OK....that's really weird.  They aren't even links for me.  But when I log out I see what you mean.  What I don't get is why you can add other pictures here, but not these.  I'm mystified at this point. I'll have Kris talk to our web guy about it.  It certainly isn't working the way it used to.  I wonder if a recent update changed things or something.

Don't Believe, Know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users