jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:16 AM

Dr. Meldrum Speaks at Meeting of the Columbia Basin Badger Club

Dr. Jeff Meldrum spoke to a sold out crowd of 130 at the annual meeting of the Columbia Basin Badger Club.  After giving his presentation he was asked if the population was so small that it might go extinct.  In reply he estimated that Sasquatches might have a range of 1,000 square miles. Such beings, when reports are received around the globe, tend to live in areas with substantial rainfall annually, he said.  That means there could be 60 to 100 in Washington and 2,000 to 3,000 in all of North America. That’s enough for a sustainable population, he said.

It’s possible they have a social organization like the orangutan, in which the male patrols a large area. Evidence suggests they may forage individually. When evidence of multiple Sasquatch are found, they are usually a female and offspring, he said.  They are apparently long-lived — maybe living to 50 or 60 years old — and are at the top of their food chain. When they die, it would likely be a natural death, and they would secrete themselves away, he said.

To read the entire article go here  http://www.tri-cityh...-club.html?rh=1

#2 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:16 AM

Respectfully, I think his estimate is very low.

Don't Believe, Know.

#3 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:26 PM

Respectfully, I think his estimate is very low.

It's most definitely low.  60 to 100 in Washington, the state with the highest number of sightings, would mean people are seeing a high percentage of the one's there.  Many people's low numbers are based on the infrequency of sightings, but it's a creature that can hide better than any other.

I'm on the high end of most people's estimates, believing they could reach close to 6 figures.  I base that in part on an article I read last year saying there had been well over 2000 reported sightings since 2007, and it estimated for every reported sighting 100 might go unreported.  Now, I realize those will include repeats of the same creature, and also include people reporting old sightings.  But if you have just 50 more sasquatches for every reported sighting that's over 100,000.  

Another thing I've read is that sasquatches are being sighted in areas where they previously were not, indicating their population might be increasing. But it could also mean they are becoming less leery of humans or that human population growth is causing us to bump into them as we expand.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Meldrum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users