Photo
- - - - -

Sasquatch & Dogman

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Sasquatch and the Dogman (10 member(s) have cast votes)

How should we manage Dogman Information & Discussions?

1. Just lump it all in with the sasquatch data (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. A separate part of the website devoted to Dogman (4 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Sasquatch & Dogman are basically the same - do whatever you want (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. Dogman & Sasquatch are different species and need their own place (4 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

5. Do whatever you think is best (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:49 AM

As one of the founders of the SRA, I also have questions for the SRA.  Not to the other founders but to those how participate in our forum community.

We are working towards collecting sasquatch information and attempting to put it into a digestible and meaningful order. During this process we have had many Dogman sightings and have just lumped them in with Sasquatch.

Should they be lumped together?

Should they have their own section of the forums?

I would appreciate your opinions on how best to move forward.

Cast Your Vote

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#2 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:30 PM

There are some opinions that there are different species or races of bigfoot.  Some are described with the retreating forehead and vaulted cranium while others are said to have a more rounded head.  Some claim to count different numbers of toes.  I'm not sure how you separate these bipedal hominin that come in different shapes.  However, dogman, if real, certainly seems a lot different than regular sasquatches.  It also seems to have a limited range unlike sasquatches which are reported in every mainland state and province. 

I've already been grouping dogman sightings together in one place in the "Sasquatch Stories" section, not including them in the other subtopics.  I think for research sake dogman should be separated so its data can be studied together.  If it is dispersed around the forum it impedes bringing its facts together.

#3 woohoo

woohoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:40 PM

I agree with jayjeti. The dogman descriptions are unique and occur in certain geographic areas which would imply a separate population. It will help analyze the data more efficiently and find trends in behavior easier.

I can't wait for the world to realize that the folklore of the wolfman is real! Muahahahaha! This goes way beyond Grendol.
Does anyone know if European countries currently report dogman type encounters?

#4 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:06 AM

Does anyone know if European countries currently report dogman type encounters?

I don't know if any other place in the world besides N. America reports anything like dogman.  But I'm not very up to speed on cryptids around the world.  I read one account that HairyWildMan posted here about a man-wolf in India, but from the description I think it is only called that because it looks like a man covered in hair, not because it looks like a wolf in the face or other parts.  Here is an excerpt from the article, 

This creature had a human face and form, but the body was covered with coarse hair, the teeth were long, the hands out of shape, and he had learned to go as a four-footed animal. He was indeed a horrible looking sight, but the worst feature about him was his eyes. No true wild beast ever saw through a more ugly pair. There was a villainous squint to them and the balls seemed to be aflame.

http://sasquatchrese...men-india-1888/

Now, that one does mention long teeth.  Dogman is said to have long fangs unlike sasquatches.  

#5 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:58 AM

11209640_1844269062465918_48778496311833

#6 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

LOL,

That's great!

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#7 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:57 AM

Yea, it cracked me up too.  That's why I had to post it here.

#8 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:43 PM

If the poll is any indicator we should probably create a separate category just for dogman in the forum.  I have been collecting stories related to dogman in one uncategorized place under Sasquatch Stories.  I just added some information from Brazil about dogman/warewolves:  http://sasquatchrese...tock-in-brazil/

Woohoo asked if there were any dogman sightings in Europe, which I don't know, but it seems Brazil has dogman, whom they use a name more akin to "warewolf" for.

#9 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:48 PM

If the poll is any indicator we should probably create a separate category just for dogman in the forum.  I have been collecting stories related to dogman in one uncategorized place under Sasquatch Stories.  I just added some information from Brazil about dogman/warewolves:  http://sasquatchrese...tock-in-brazil/

Woohoo asked if there were any dogman sightings in Europe, which I don't know, but it seems Brazil has dogman, whom they use a name more akin to "warewolf" for.

We are working on creating a new section of the forums for the Dogman.

The thing is, there is more than one type of Dogman...and we would also need to create an almost complete duplication of our sasquatch forums.  This takes time.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#10 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:24 PM

I don't know that we need to create an entirely new division in the forums for dogman.  What about making a subtopic for dogman under "Sasquatch Theories," or just adding a dogman category under discussions.  Dogman related study in one place is all that needs to be done, in my opinion.  

But we have discussed organizing the forum differently.  

In the PM titled "Sighting Reports," we discussed revamping how the entire forum is categorized.  Things are currently mixed up where we have discussion related topics under the general information area, and general information topics under the discussion area.  I made this suggestion of organizing everything under three main headings:

1. General Information

2. Discussions

3. Articles

Everything should fall under one of those three areas.  Here is what I wrote:

Recommendations for the general forum.

SRA General Information

SRA announcements/News/Introductions

SRA Reports (Sightings/Other Encounters/Field Research)

Sasquatch Related Websites

Sasquatch Books, Movies, DVDs, TV Shows

Sasquatch Discussions

Questions for the SRA

The Knock Discussion

Tales from the Dark Discussion

Camp Chat Discussion

Free Chat

All Things Sasquatch

Web Gems (Videos/Photos)

Evidence Debate

Sasquatch Theories

Sasquatch Related Articles

General Sasquatch Articles

Hoaxers, Hoaxes & Hoaxing

Sasquatch By Another Name

Sasquatch News

Sasquatch Stories

Scientific Articles

Who's Who in the Sasquatch Community

You might consider eliminating the knock discussion and camp chat discussion by consolidating them into existing categories like Sasquatch News or All things Sasquatch, etc. 

You're right, it would take a lot of work.  I would be willing to help move articles if the forum is re-arranged some way, if it's possible.  If we do re-do into three main categories I suppose we could make Dogman it's own fourth category, I don't know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users