• 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

How Big is Bigfoot?
By Annabelle Tyler
7197213_f260.jpg
Source: joelf

How big is bigfoot?

Numerous sightings of the mysterious cryptid have been reported worldwide. Bigfoot, as it’s commonly called in North America, has been described as an apelike creature that dwells in heavily forested wilderness areas. Reports from around the world describe the creatures’ height as ranging anywhere between 6 feet and upwards of 8 feet tall.

For the rest of the story:

http://annabelletyle...-Big-is-Bigfoot

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#2 TruthHunter

TruthHunter

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:27 PM

I never put much stock in height estimates and even less in weight estimates.
Unless someone goes out and checks a reference branch etc, its likely to be a wild guess.
Unless some one has considerable experience in estimating size and weight, they don't
have good references.

The tallest reported height with any reliability is 14 feet based on comparison with

suspiciously tall blackberry vines

I suggest that interviewers of sightings collect a number of photos of athletes
and bodybuilders to help people estimate the relative bulk of the sighted creature.

If one has a good estimate for height and bulkof a comparable human, it is easy to extrapolate the weight.
Weight increases by the cube of the increase in height. For example, if we compare
Shaq at 7'1" and 325 lbs with a 9 foot creature of similar bulk, the weight would be:

108/85 =1.27 the cube is 2.05 so a 9 footer would weigh 650 lbs if he's built like
Shaq
Incidentally, Robert Wadlow topped out at 1 inch shy of 9 feet weighed 490 lbs.
He is considerably thinner and a lot leggier than a typical Bigfoot.

Andre the Giant weighed about 500 lbs in his later career at a billed height 7'4" this

would extrapolate to a 700 lb 8 footer.(a photo on tallestman.com shows him 3 or 4

inches shorter than 7'2" Wilt Champberlan) In that
case he corresponds to an 830 lb 8 footer.

Tallestman.com is an interesting site if one is interested in giant humanoids. Almost without
exception the tallest humans have pathological conditions. Can Bigfoot height be pathological

in the sense of genetic aberrations

#3 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

Hello Truth Hunter,

The tallest height I've heard for a sasquatch is the near unbelievable 16 feet.  In many of these cases, as you allude, people are guessing.  Although many times people have measured a tree or some other object it stood next to and have derived at a height.  In the case of the blackberries, I would hope that they measured the black berries to reach their conclusion, but in any event 21" footprints are for sasquatches in the extreme height range.

In the following story some men measured one they had killed and it was 13 feet tall.  So, it's not unreasonable that there can be some 14 plus feet tall sasquatches.

http://sasquatchrese...eads-5-hunters/

As far as weight, yea, it's subjective.  

#4 TruthHunter

TruthHunter

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:00 PM

When a creature stands taller than 10 feet, rather interesting physiological issues

come into play. The only other creature with similar heights are Giraffes. They

have some interesting adaptations that permit them to both raise blood to the head

and get it back to the heart.  Their blood pressure is higher than any other known

animal. There are also special vessels in the neck that prevent  them from blacking

out when they bend down to drink.

A 12-16 foot Bigfoot is going to have high blood pressure!

#5 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:08 PM

The heart is much nearer the head on a sasquatch than it is a giraffe.  What you need to do is demonstrate that larger animals have higher blood pressure on average.

#6 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:02 AM

Most of the squatches I have seen/investigated personally, where there was good reference for height have been between 7 and 10 feet.  The ones I have personally seen have all been measured at between 8.5 and 9.5 feet based on trees they were near.

Don't Believe, Know.

#7 JON LARSEN

JON LARSEN

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

I played with statistics on sasquatch sightings of mine and others some years ago. Admittedly, the sample size was small as most sightings don't have good reference points to determine how tall the sasquatches were. But, about 20 reports seemed adequate. In brief, the average sasquatch was about 8 ft. tall and usings Standard Deviations from the mean, I came up with 16 ft. as being the very largest a sasquatch should be if I were to have something like 10,000 to 100,000 reports. Interestingly, it might also predict the size of new-born sasquatches, if memory serves, about 22 inches, within the human range. I don't believe I'll ever see enough adult sasquatches to see a 14 footer but I have seen some that were 10 ft. tall which seem to have been old adult males, white haired and much more slim than the black or brown heavily built 7 and 8 footers. Also some 10 ft. tall black assumed males.

#8 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 August 2016 - 01:58 AM

I've read comments that they get larger in some regions, like the Pacific Northwest.  Here's one alleged to have been 14 feet tall seen near Happy Camp, California.  That's on the California/Oregon border.

http://sasquatchrese...ppy-camp-calif/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2013, september

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users