Main Forum Screen
The main screen is the screen you start at in the forums. It contains various controls and all of the forums that you can access.
The Banner (top portion of the screen) contains many navigation tools to help you access the main components of the site.
The Right Side of the Banner contains the following features:
- SRA Logo: Click on the SRA logo to go to the main SRA website.
- Veiw New Content: Click on this link to view a list of forum content that has changed since you last logged into the forum.
- Admin CP and Moderator CP: These links are for site administrators and moderators to access the forum controls. Most of you will not see these options.
- Forums: This link returns you to the Main Forum Screen from anywhere within the forums.
- Members: This link displays a list of all members. You may click on a member to view the public portions of their profile.
- Gallery: This link brings you to the gallery page. We have not activated this feature yet. Currently it is only available to Members, Patrons, and Researchers.
- Chat: This link brings you into the chatroom for direct texting between users. This is currently only available to Researchers.
- Store: This link takes you to the SRA Store where you can purchace Memberships, Expeditions, and other items as available.
- The White Bar (under Forums in the picture) marks which part of the forums you are currently looking at.
The Left Side of the Banner contains the following features:
- The Envelope: This Icon takes you into the personal messenger where you send and receive personal messages to/from other people on the forums. A red number will appear on the Icon when you have new messages. No one but you (not even the admins) can see your personal messages.
- Person icon: This Icon takes you to personal notifications. At this time, this will not be active until we turn on personal "Like" notifications.
- Your Name: Click on this to enter and manage your settings and profile.
- Sign Out: Click on this to sign out of the forum.
- Search Bar: Enter search terms here to find topics throughout the entire forums that you have access to. Click on the magnifying glass to start the search. Click on the Gear icon to access advanced search options.
The General Forum is available to all Patrons, Members, Researchers, and Registered Users. To access any of the sub forums, just click on the title.
General Forum.JPG 28.26K
The Member Forum is available to Patrons, Paid Members, and Researchers. This forum contains premium features for our Patron and Members' use.
Member forum.JPG 21.7K
Inside the General and Member Forums are many sub-forums. Each is contained on a line. The right side of each line contains the following items:
Forum Name.JPG 11.97K
- Mark As Read Icon
Mark as read.JPG 8.2K
2 downloads: Click on this icon to gray it out indicating that you have read this forum. When someone else adds something to the sub-forum the icon will once more be colored, letting you know that something has changed.
- Sub-forum Title and Description: Click on the title or description to go directly into the sub-forum. Some sub-forums have sub-forums of their own. These are displayed with the description. You can click on each to go to that sub-forum.
Sub-forum with sub-forums:
Forum with SubForums.JPG 20.66K
The left side of Each sub-forum line contains the following items:
Forum topics and recent.JPG 11.77K
- Number of topics in the sub-forum
- Number of replies in the sub-forum
- A link to the most recent post in the sub-forum. If you click on the icon of the person who made the most recent post in the topic, you will go to their profile (which you can then use to send them a message). If you click on the title of the topic you will open the topic directly.
This section contains the most recent topics started on the forum. Click on one to go to that topic.
Recent Topics.JPG 21.96K
At the bottom of the screen is a list of current board statistics and a list of who is currently on the forums.
Board Stats.JPG 11.23K
Whos on.JPG 17.07K