3 replies to this topic

#1 DaveGibson

DaveGibson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:49 PM

My own blog - http://bleeckermount...e.blogspot.com/

Enter Bigfoot in the search box for my early reports, and Sasquatch for my later ones.  

We've found foot prints, a massive hand print on the back window of my car (including odd fingerprints), a nest (very cool!) and assorted broken branches and tree limbs.  All this year, now that we've started looking and paying attention.

#2 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:05 PM

The Direct Links to you Bigfoot blog:  

http://bleeckermount...in-bigfoot.html

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Bleecker Mountain Bigfoot?

Early yesterday morning, Pam was working and I was watching King of the Rocket Men on DVD.  Olivia and Chevy started barking frantically, much more so than normal.   It was at the level of holy-crap-there's-a-bear-in-the-yard frantic.   I paused the movie and listened.  There was a yowl, some kind of call.   Coyote...  no.  Not a coyote.  An owl?  No owl I ever heard.  No sound I'd ever heard.  So I grabbed my camera and put it in movie mode to record it.  The camera had on its telephoto.  Sorry, but I didn't want to take the time to swap it.
I posted the above video on Facebook asking for help identifying the critter making the noise.  Meanwhile, I started googling on Al Gore's interwebs and listened to various sounds of all sorts of owls, coyotes, loons, owls, foxes, turkeys... nothing... and Bigfoot.  Sasquatch?  Naw.

Interesting though.  While I was playing all the various calls, barks, whistles,  and what have you, the dogs sleeping nearby didn't react.  As soon as I played Bigfoot noises, though, they started barking  all over again.  Except for Ruby.  She hid under the table.

So  I kept on googling, kept on listening to the calls of more owls, various birds, more foxes and coyotes... and Bigfoot.  Seriously?

When we first moved here, Pam was sleeping downstairs, which has a window wall facing south.  She swears something very big and very man-like walked by, and now refuses to sleep down there.  She claims it was the bogeyman.  Sasquatch?

Look, I know what you're  thinking.  You're thinking Pam should start looking for a home for me.  Well, buster, listen to my video above, and then listen to this.

And this...

Now go to the Bigfoot Recordings, listen to the last sound clip.

Of course, there is no proof that the various YouTube video recordingss of Bigfoot I've been playing are really Bigfoot, if there is such a thing.  These folks could be mistaking the call of the loony-barred-spotted-snowy-owl-with-a-cold for Bigfoot, just like me.  Or, it might be something more.  I learned to be more open minded after seeing and hearing signs of Champ on Lake Champlain.

So, what is a good home in upstate New York?

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#3 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:11 PM

The original Blog Link:

http://bleeckermount...oot-tracks.html

Monday, August 25, 2014

Bigfoot Tracks

HA!  Got it!  Do you remember last fall when I posted a blog with a video of some strange animal noises in the woods not far from our cabin in Bleecker?

I sent it around to various people and no one could positively identify it.  Some thought some odd coyote or fox noise.  A bigfoot expert said it sounded like a bigfoot but different than what he's familiar with in the Pacific Northwest.  The best thing would be to find a footprint.

Well, this afternoon, Pam and I loaded the dogs into the car to head over to our property when Pam noticed that the tarp was off our well.  I stopped and we checked it out.   When I worked on the well in the spring, I tied the tarp down with rope around the well.  The rope was pulled off and tossed off to the side, and next to it was the tarp.  We couldn't figure out how that happened.  Then Pam found the tracks.  Two of them. One filled with water, but luckily one was imprinted in mud.

BigfootTracks_8325.JPG

BigfootTracks_8326.JPG

In the first photo, Pam's finger is pointing at the heel and her other hand is by the toes.

We put the tarp back over the well and tied it down again.

BigfootWell_8330.JPG

Later, Judi and Bill came over to see the tracks in person.  Sadly, they had pretty much faded away and it was difficult to see them.  Since they came over about five hours after I took the photos above, that means that the tarp was pulled off early this morning by whatever made that track.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#4 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:14 PM

The link to the original Blog Post:

http://bleeckermount...oot-part-3.html

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Bigfoot, Part 3
Last October, I took a video sound recording of a strange noise.  Not animal, not human. 
Then, a couple of weeks ago, something ripped the tarp off our dug well, breaking a good sized rope to do it and flinging it aside.

Well, last night, I set up the camera to take star photos.  While outside setting things up, I heard a strange sound.  Not animal, not human.  I called Pam outside to hear it, but it stopped.  OK, whatever.  I took a few pics for composure, then set the shutter and went inside to watch Boardwalk Empire on DVD.  Later, I "developed" the photos and loaded them into my Startrails software.  Stacking 16 minutes of 30 second photos, this is what I got.

StairtrailsCBW.jpg

This blurry thing at the bottom of the photo is a fairly large tree.  It could have been shaken by a bear.  Or a pair of raccoons fighting high in the tree.  Or an annoyed Bigfoot.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users