Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:10 AM

From New York Daily News, Nov. 4, 2013

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1505909

Two men were hunting for Bigfoot in rural Oklahoma when one of them accidentally shot the other, police said.

Omar Pineda, 21, was spooked by what he thought was "barking" when he jerked around and shot his pal in a wooded area north of Tulsa on Saturday, Tulsa's News 6 reported.

The friend, who wasn't identified, was shot in the back and expected to survive.  EMTs met the pair at a QuikTrip convenience store after the shooting.

Pineda was arrested for reckless conduct with a firearm and obstruction.  His father-in-law, Perry James, and his wife, Lacey Pineda, were also arrested for helping the Sasquatch hunters evade investigation.

bigfoot5n-1-web.jpg

Left to right: Omar Pineda, 21, Perry James, 53, and  Lacey Pineda, 22, were arrested in Rodgers County, Okla., after Omar shot a friend while the two were hunting Bigfoot, police said.

Cops said James, 53, tossed Pineda's gun in a pond on his property, while the 22-year-old Lacey told cops someone else fired at the pair, News 6 reported.

"If (they) had just been factual, upfront and truthful with us and explained that this was truly an accident, as strange as it might sound, we would have went ahead and investigated and probably nobody would have (gone) to jail," Rogers County Sheriff Scott Walton told the station.

#2 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:21 AM

Moral of the story -- Don't go hunting sasquatches with the Pineda family or their in-laws.  If they accidentally shoot you they'll drop you off at the nearest convenience store to wait for help, and on the prospect that you might die they'll destroy evidence linking themselves to the shooting.

#3 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:02 PM

just one more reason not to bring a gun when you do squatch research...

Just my thoughts.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#4 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:46 AM

You don't ever carry a gun?  How about this article of the lone researcher being snatched/missing.

http://sasquatchrese...cher/#entry8242

I go out alone at times for days, and will doing so soon again.  There are other reasons to at least have a pistol besides the bad sasquatch.

#5 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

I guess, the point of my comment was that "hunting" a sasquatch is likely not a wise decision.

and if your easily frightened, or prone to shooting at noises...then you should not be bringing a gun out unless your alone...and even then, your dangerous to yourself and other living creatures.

To answer your question about bringing a gun while squatching...no yet...and I've been out in the wood no less than twice a year and as often as six times a couple years...and never once did I bring a gun when I'me with a group of 2 or more.

I have had a pistol while out in grizzly & cougar country while solo scouting.  but only when I was alone...and only in an environment where I was more worried about non-sasquatch creatures than i have ever been about sasquatch.

I've encountered some black bears (where i wished I had one) but if your cautious, most of the encounters can be easily defused.  

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users