#1 Andra

Andra

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNortheastern Oklahoma

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

Hi there!  I took my 7 year old son to play in the creek yesterday (where i've had several encounters) and as we splashed around the creek and climbed the cliffs further and further down. I heard rock banging, clanking, not sure what word to use here,  as we neared a bend in the creek. It came from only one area, and there was no answering banging from a different place. I got the distinct feeling we were being warned not to come any further. I decided I was being paranoid and should continue, as my son was having a really good time. I heard it once more. My son said said "mom, let's go" and turned around and left so fast I couldn't keep up with him. I should mention i've never experienced an aggressive encounter before, and i'm not saying that this was. It was just a feeling I got and it's possible it's just me. Can anyone tell me what this means?

#2 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:31 PM

They do so called wood knocks and rock clacking, and there is lots of speculation on the purposes of that, which in my experience and some of what I read wood knocks might warn others of their kind that people are coming their way, and they might also do it to get a reaction from people.  Its not easy to understand what might be going on in that regard.  

They seem to be particularly curious/interested in women and children.  Most of the time you will be safe but be careful you don't encounter the wrong sassquatch.  You really should be armed, in my opinion, to be venturing around them with your young son.

• Andra likes this

#3 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

I've personally experienced rock clacking on two occasions.

Once was in 2006 on an expedition in Wisconsin.  It was very faint but close.  I could hear it on one side of a moderate fire but people to the side or far side could not hear it.  It preceeded being "Zapped" by about 10-15 minutes.  We were in their area in large numbers and likely an aggressive response which started out mild but escalated over the next night.

Again in 2007 in Upper Michigan.  It was two or three quick clacks in one area responded to by locations 50-75 yards away in one direction and 50-75 yards in another direction.  This happened three or four times and then went silent.  It happened while we were entering an area that was thicker and where we suspected we might channel or herd the squatch.

I couldn't make any sense of how they used the rock clacking, but I feel it to be a form of communication for squatched that have been "posted" as sentries to either give quick warning or to test the responses of those they choose to interact with.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users