Researcher

• Researchers
  • 345 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

Todd Standing

https://www.youtube....user/toddster45

gallery_30_7_5956.jpg

I know Todd has been labeled a hoaxer by most in the community, but I'm starting to come around on some of his material as being legit.  I think there is more to come on him.

#2 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

Yes, there has never been definitive proof of a hoax, not even first, second, or even third hand hearsay who have claimed any knowledge of him making props.  There are also a lot of false claims, like his sister was a special effects make-up artist, but truth is it was his wife who put make-up artist on her Lnked-In resume, which she had worked in beauty parlors, not in special effects.  But the rumor mill spread that falsehood among others.

Its alleged this photo of a sasquatch is actually Standing with special effects make-up on.  Someone created this morphing on their computer.

10599241_606542972783203_623863585061974

However, this is not an overlay, it is someone photoshopping articles off of the sasquatch photo onto Todd.  The proportions don't match.  The sasquatch eyes actually measure much further apart than Todd's and its impossible to be Todd with make-up on.

Here's a screen shot from a Todd Standing video.

237946d1367377571-bigfoot-o-pie-grande-e

Below is an image created by Alex Putney indendent of Todd Standing to show what the face might look like with the branches removed.  It is not a photo Standing took, but its most often cited for calling it a fake, which it is a fake.  It was created on a computer independent from Todd Standing.

983611_1564260197131658_1002017755_n.jpg

it's often cited for having fake cosmetic doll eyes, but neither of those eyes look like the original.  It's been photoshopped.

#3 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 345 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:37 PM

I think this is pretty good.

#4 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

Here's another video Nathan Reo made.

He's expounding on comments I made and using the photos I posted to one of his FB sites in these videos last year  What seems to have prompted him to make these videos is he had a sighting of one that looked almost exactly like the dark one Todd Standing filmed.  I'm aware of other people making the same comment.

#5 woohoo

woohoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:36 AM

Below is a post I made in August 2015. The forum topic was called "Standing Alone". That's pretty punny.

I didn't put this post in the hoaxer's topic to purposefully avoid any predetermined biases.
My question is this: why does everyone think Todd Standing is a hoaxer? Specifically his "muppet" videos.
Maybe they are too detailed and people don't see what they expected. There are many species of Bigfoot, using this term generically. Where Sasquatch would be a specific species. We don't know everything about them so it is hard to discount anything. Moneymaker is quick to say, "bigfoots do this and that is why this is here" , or they don't do that so you didn't see a Bigfoot. No one is an expert at this time.
Standing put out some unexpected material which people immediately claimed as a hoax. The Truth is we just don't know.
I find it curious that two people; Meldrum and Stroud aligned , or at least chose Standing to work with. Two people with credibility that can move the topic forward in the eyes of popular media have chosen to work with Standing first. Two people that can tarnish their careers have chosen him. That is not by
accident.

Ok. Let the flaming begin. Ready.....go...

#6 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

I think that's part of the problem, that the photos are too good.  Another part is people had already fallen out with Standing over a documentary he hyped as proof of bigfoot which let people down once it was released since it was a poorly made production.  And some of those were screaming hoax from the beginning, and there's a lot of "follow the band wagon" people in the bigfoot community.   Their charge was that since he failed in that documentary he created these fake videos to make up for that. "Finding Bigfoot" and in particular Cliff Barakman, helped sink him by calling the one photo a "muppet", which Barakman was looking at the one photoshopped by Alex Putney made to remove branches to see what it might look like.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users