• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MN Jim

MN Jim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:24 PM

In some of the Bigfoot TV shows, they show footprints as looking like a very large human footprint.

On others, the footprints look more like a giant hand, with a thumb/big toe that juts out sideways (for example, Skunk Ape).

What are we looking at, 2 distinct species?  

#2 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:47 PM

You're talking about a divergent toe that sticks out to the side instead of being aligned with the other toes.  Sasquatches don't have a natural divergent toe like chimps and other ape primates, but they can splay their toes like we splay our fingers, and they do so in slippery surfaces to gain traction.  Some prints show straight toes and others will show the toes spread out (splayed).  I found a series of footprints this past August of an adult and young one walking when the ground was saturated wet and I cast one print that was 15 inches long, 5 inches wide at the heel, 6 inches wide at the ball of the foot, and the toes splayed out to 7 inches and turned down.  I think this was for traction.  

So, I don't believe its distinct species, and think its their natural ability.  

Orang Pendek prints in Indonesia are short and wide and seem to have a somewhat divergent toe, and that would aid in climbing and they could be spending a lot of time in the trees.

In Florida or other swamp areas it seems people confuse three toed alligator foot and forearm for sasquatch prints.  Florida is also believed to have escaped primates, some from a zoo that was flooded.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users