1 reply to this topic

#1 michtom

michtom

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:41 AM

The Dogman phenomenon is somewhat popular in the area where I live.  A local DJ created a story version (with music) some years ago and it became a local hit being played on local radio stations during Halloween, and a local film maker even made a movie based on this legend.  It is an intriguing story save for one problem.  When and where has there ever been found the remains of a bipedal canine?  Sasquatchers have solid ground for arguing the existence of a large bipedal hominid based on, A) homo sapiens, and B) Gigantopithecus Blacki, but one cannot argue that there exists a bipedal canine.   Sure, there are werewolf legends, but that's all they really are.  Perhaps they are mistaking a bipedal canine for a bipedal ape-like creature?  Then again, without concrete proof of sasquatch, this goes nowhere with the scientific community. 

#2 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:17 PM

Its called dogman mainly because of the head which seems to have a snout.  People assuming it could be a canine of some sort is their imagination taking over from the word dogman.  So, I think discussions on whether it could be a canine is  not a reasonable approach.  I don't know what dogman is.  I think sasquatches are better termed hominin than hominid since I believe its a species of man some way.  But I don't know what dogman is, of how related it is to sasquatches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users