#1 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:41 AM

Todd Standing claims he will be presenting new research and evidence that will "shock the world" at the 2014 Sasquatch Summit in Ocean Shores, Washington Nov. 21-22, 2014

http://bigfooteviden...788993100651171

Matt Knapp posted this at Bigfoot Evidence Nov. 1, 2014

Standing.jpg

It was announced this past week or so that Todd Standing has joined the amazing line up of guest speakers at the 2014 Sasquatch Summit in beautiful Ocean Shores, Washington. According to the website however, it is stated that Todd Standing will be presenting "research and evidence that will shock the world."

"Todd Standing will present research and evidence that will shock the world.

For the past 10 years Todd Standing has been conducting expeditions, documenting chronicles and interviewing people about a relatively untouched region nestled deep in the Rocky Mountains which the First Nations people call ‘Sylvanic’. In 2006 he publically showed 2 separate crystal clear bigfoot videos he himself filmed which he used to petition the Canadian government for species protection of Bigfoot. The petition was certified and tabled in the Canadian House of Commons. The media response was enormous with hundreds of Newspapers, Television networks, radio stations and websites that receptively presented his work across the globe.

Since then he has filmed Bigfoot on multiple other occasions. In 2013 his cooperation expanded dramatically after taking two PhD’s into the field and convincing them beyond a shadow of a doubt his Sasquatch research is authentic. That combined with the unprecedented success Todd was able to achieve with the skeptical “Survivorman”. Guiding Les into regions abundant with Sasquatch tracks and markings that left him impressed. Each episode showcasing close encounters with these giant primates."

You can visit the official Sasquatch Summit page by clicking here. 

SummitFlyer.jpg

#2 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:35 PM

Todd Standing will present research and evidence that will shock the world.

I truly hope so, though I doubt I'll be shocked; I do hope to be ecstatic about what he shows.  However, I won't hold my breath in anticipation either.

Don't Believe, Know.

#3 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

Todd Standing often goes for the sensational sell.  I Hope he's not over-hyping whatever it is.  Maybe it will be something good.  What I've been waiting on is for someone to collect the 2 million dollar reward put out by Sylvanic for a body or body part that will conclusively prove the existence of sasquatches.  I could see a body part shocking the world.  Other than that, like if it is some more video, which would be the most likely "surprise," it is not going to shock the world.   There's an element that will scream fraud without any proof it is a fraud no matter what he unveils.  

#4 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

The 2014 summit of speakers is about to start.  Todd Standing will have one hour to present his stuff.  He said this at his facebook page.

"Going to Seattle next week to release some new photos, videos, DNA results. Starting the petition for species protection in the USA. I am at the Sasquatch Summit this weekend and then the AMC Pacific Place 11 in Seattle showing 40 minutes of Bigfoot North."

Here's a teaser video clip.

Dr. Jeff Meldrum who will be speaking at the summit released a statement on facebook.

Meldrum posted this on Facebook today 11-20-2014:

"FOR THE RECORD:

The account offered on Todd Standing's Kickstart site is accurate in so far as my involvement is concerned. Following the events that occurred last Fall in Alberta, Todd asked me not to discuss my experience extensively until he the chance to finish the production of his documentary. Therefore, I have said very little publicly and openly about it. I will let him share the details with those attending the summit or the airing of his film in Seattle the following Tuesday. I will say that I did witness and interaction, i.e. Sonya talking reassuringly to something large and heavy that was circling our camp under cover of darkness at the end of a burmed road. It reacted to her approach and eventually broke from the treeline and crossed the gravel road to the opposite treeline. I observed through night vision an upright silhouetted figure, forward-leaning, arm-swinging, moving smoothly. Was it a sasquatch? I am not certain, but under the circumstances and based on the reconstruction conducted the next day, it strikes me as a real possibility that it was."

........................................................................................................................................

Dr. Meldrum couched his words  like the scientist he is and says he saw something and describes it.  We can glean from that that he believes he saw a bigfoot.  Its the first time I've heard he viewed it using night vision.  I knew they claimed that had the female researcher, Sonya Zohar, not been there to make it come closer they would not have had the sighting.  They claim it came to withing 15 feet of her.  At whatever point Dr. Meldrum saw it I bet he got a good look at it.  

He's careful to include the classic bigfoot posture when walking -- "forward-leaning, arm-swinging, moving smoothly."

#5 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:23 AM

Here is part of what Todd Standing said at the Sasquatch Summit 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Aa3oR_fi1ag

#6 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:26 AM

Not on any of these videos, I read he announced at the Summit he wants to use drones and thermal imaging to find sasquatch families in a new high tech mode of doing research.  That would be the latest technology and sounds interesting, but he's needs to raise the funds to do it, I believe he says he needs to raise 900 thousand dollars.

#7 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:44 AM

I believe he says he needs to raise 900 thousand dollars.

<Whistles>

I wish him luck.  Wow, that'll be a tall order though.  

Don't Believe, Know.

#8 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:46 AM

I haven't had time to watch all of these yet (working on it), but I do note that the world remains largely un-shocked.

Don't Believe, Know.

#9 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:45 PM

I watched all of these...

I could care less about Todd's position about his sister or wife and obfuscating and deflecting answers.  I cannot tell Todd what to say or how to think in the moment.  We all think differently under pressure or public scrutiny.  For whatever reason, which we may never know, this is what he does.  I see it as a protective use of words.  What he is trying to protect is unclear but could easily be him attempting to keep his wife's name out everything and also take the pressure off his sister.

Regardless, His efforts have continuously been to seek and prove sasquatch. For this I can applaud him and what he does.

As to the methods he uses in public to provide proof...that is very weak and very limited.  In essence, it proves little if anything.  Or I could say the amount of public evidence proves the amount of the truth he is revealing - which is little.

Again, this withholding of information is a sign of protecting something.  In this case I think he is protecting his evidence because he has a larger goal in mind.  Jayjeti eluded to this as fame &/or glory or even monetary gain or any combination of those three.  

The real questions we might ask Todd if we had him in front of us to ask would be what?

Why don't you give a straight and direct definitive answer to some of the questions presented to you?

and as I'm asking this question I's be watching his body language to see what he does.  This will give a great many clues as to what Todd is about.

As for raising $900,000, as SRA Andy said, I wish him luck...BUT at the same time. Assume for a moment he raises the money, gets his research toys.  WE (sasquatch researchers) will be that much closer to proving what we already know is true.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#10 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:01 PM

As for raising $900,000, as SRA Andy said, I wish him luck...BUT at the same time. Assume for a moment he raises the money, gets his research toys.  WE (sasquatch researchers) will be that much closer to proving what we already know is true.

I believe $900,000 is Canadian dollars.  And I heard he wants to sell 60,000 copies of his documentary to obtain that money he wants to use for drones and thermal imaging.  His proposal is similar to the Falcon Project that wants to use a balloon or blimp, or something, I'm not sure, to survey an area.  These are all interesting concepts.

Standing oversold his stuff, like he too often over-hypes things.  The BS meter registers a lot on him.  The thing with his sister was word games, since it's his wife Louise who is the make-up artist, and he should have been above board with that, that people had confused his wife Louise as being his sister.  But he obfuscates the issue by being technically right about his sister not being involved, but not clarifying the reasons.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: november, 2014, north america, canada, standing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users