27 replies to this topic

#21 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:17 PM

1. I doubt that these guys have a snowball's chance of killing a squatch on camera. It just isn't that easy to do.  Only once in my years of doing this have I been party to a situation where it would have been possible.  In 2013, we were camping at a hot spot/habituation spot that we frequent.  We had a lot of activity.  SRA-Todd went out of camp quietly with a thermal and ended up watching a large (9 foot) squatch for nearly 20 minutes as it came to our camp and watched as I played my flute.  Had he had a gun and thermal sights instead of a viewer, he could have easily shot it in the head.  That said, given the demands of film, getting one in your sights while filing will be damn near impossible.

2. My fear here is copy cats, especially young drunk copy-cats targeting human shaped prey. 

3. Reprisal from the squatches is a very real threat, but then if you are stupid enough to shoot one, you deserve whatever they dish out to you.  Remember Jayjeti's rock throwing story.  They will get revenge and then some.

4. I do believe that they bury their dead, either in bogs in the Midwest or in cairns out west.

Don't Believe, Know.

#22 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:01 PM

I agree the odds are against them, but I believe they do have a better edge at shooting one, but it's to be seen if it happens.  If they are in the field long term it gives them a better edge.  Most researchers are only in the field briefly, not long term.  If they split into two man teams and are stealthy, and they have like four or five teams, they might get lucky.  But if they run around with a crew like finding bigfoot they will never find one.  Since some of these people are researchers they might have clues on how to attract them. 

If they shoot one at night they would be in the most danger.  It's a conclusion I've reached from reading old accounts where people shot at them.  It seems the night time shootings ended much worse for the shooters than day time shootings.  They are more emboldened at night and better able to exact revenge. 

Often times they bury their dead near the edge of water.  I reached that conclusion from witness accounts of burials and the locations of many of the possible bone finds before reading Ray Crowe stating something similar.  It could be because they dig graves with their hands and it is easier to dig in the sediment along the bank, plus there are usually ample rocks that they often pile on top of the grave too which are abundant in creeks and rivers.  

#23 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 345 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:14 PM

I think the only reason I was able to get as close as I was to the squatch was we have been to that location every year since 2008 (except this year) and exhibited non-threatening behavior while there.  Also, we let them come to us.  We were not out beating the woods, firing off rounds into the darkness.  I honestly don't think the land has been hunted in a very long time.  

I believe they are beginning to accept us coming in and staying for a couple of nights a year.  

#24 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:08 PM

I agree Todd.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#25 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:49 AM

Me too.  We need to go back this spring or early summer. Late May is a good time there.

Don't Believe, Know.

#26 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 345 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:25 AM

I am probably getting a bit whacked as I get older, but I'm actually up for a winter trip and was wondering if an early March outing is possible?  Erik and I would like to give it a shot.  Any chance of this?  Let me know.

#27 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

Would not likely be good at THAT site in March.  They tend to be further south and near the river in early spring, not returning to that area until late April or May.

Don't Believe, Know.

#28 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:41 PM

October 2015

http://bigfooteviden...s-met-with.html

5613ffb95fbb3.image.jpg

When the cast members of "Killing Bigfoot" showed up to speak at the recent Honobia Bigfoot Festival they received somewhat of an unwarm welcome. While they did have some supporters, it turns out most of the people there weren't really open to the idea of a group of people going out and trying to kill a bigfoot.

HONOBIA — Whether or not Bigfoot exists — he can cause a lively argument.

Three cast members of the “Killing Bigfoot” television show received some support, but more open hostility Saturday at the Honobia Bigfoot Festival and conference. Some were shouted at by audience members, called a liar, and asked to take a polygraph test.

Pro-life Bigfoot attendees spoke up for not killing him.

“I know a lot of people hear ‘Killing Bigfoot,’ it’s bad, and everybody hates us and we get a lot of hate mail,” said Barry Schockemoehl, “Killing Bigfoot” cast member from Owasso, Oklahoma. He told the conference that they are researchers who do not go out with a gun every time.

For full article go here  http://www.mcalester...6db04900fb.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: october, 2014, discovery channel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users