#1 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:40 AM

Discovery Channel's success with the "Finding Bigfoot" TV show has led to another show.  In a bid to prove the existence of sasquatches a group are setting out to try and kill one.  Here is a trailer for the new show called "Killing Bigfoot,"

http://nukethefridge...igfoot-trailer/

The first episode airs Friday, October 17 in the U.S., and on Oct. 29 in Canada.

http://www.denofgeek...killing-bigfoot

http://www.techtimes...ill-bigfoot.htm

killing_bigfoot_ad-jpg.jpg?w=600

#2 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:45 AM

<insert massive sarcasm here>  I'm so happy there is a show dedicated to killing a sasquatch.

NOT!

This is, IMHO, not a good idea.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#3 mtbaker01

mtbaker01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEagan, MN

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

My opinion on this can be found in my signature.

“He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.”
JRR Tolkien

#4 mtbaker01

mtbaker01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEagan, MN

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:19 PM

The more I think about this the more selfish and evil I see it. This moronic attitude that humans are above all other species. These scumbags are fully consumed by ego with their strong desire for fame. I'm talking about the Discovery channel which is no longer credible.

“He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.”
JRR Tolkien

#5 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:55 PM

I would never arbitrarily shoot one.  

This group faces some hurdles in hunting down one, a main hurdle is actually seeing one to get a shot.  Those things can be awfully allusive.  If they split up but have camera crews with them, then just like "Finding Bigfoot" hasn't been able to find one visually in five years with their camera crews tagging along they might not find one either.  The fact that they are about to air the first show must mean they haven't been successful yet in the shows they've taped.  But maybe the camera crew will crawl around in gillie suits too.  Most researchers don't engage in these kinds of stealth tactics and in time it could pay off.

Another problem is if they do shoot one they might in turn encounter an aggressive group of southern bigfoot.   If they shoot one at night they could find themselves in trouble.  There are a few pioneering stories of men trying to shoot them at night who "didn't make it."   I hope they realize if they do shoot and kill one not to take their eyes off it and expect it to be there when they return, the other's will cart it off.

• SRA Andy likes this

#6 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

Agree with you jayjeti.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#7 Linda

Linda

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:50 PM

With that many people, plus the cameras and the lights, all the BF will be long gone well before they get there to locate them. I am truly not worried.

#8 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:45 PM

Good point Linda.  If it is done like the "Finding Bigfoot" show they never will find it.  In Finding Bigfoot they run around with camera crews and are noisy too.  But I'm wondering if these guys might be smarter than that and have a single camera person in camouflage who is quite.  But since they are ready to start airing episodes, and there is no bigfoot killing in the news, it sounds like they have not been very successful.  

I'd be interested to see how they are trying to hunt it down.  Do you plan to watch some of the shows?

#9 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:42 AM

With that many people, plus the cameras and the lights, all the BF will be long gone well before they get there to locate them. I am truly not worried.

My worry is not for the show...but for people taking the ideas & methods and going out there to do it themselves.

Either alone, or in small groups of 2 or more.

They will not have camera crews and all that noise...and some of them will be in an area where they know they will be able to take the shot.

The potential for bad things to happen is greatly increased.

This is my worry & fear.

100% better to find one dead, then for someone to attempt a hunt - just for the "after the fact" ramifications.

• SRA Andy likes this
SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#10 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 325 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:42 AM

I went looking to see if I could find this on-line and don't think it has aired yet.  Looks like this Friday at 9:00 CST on the Destination America channel.  I will probably watch, but expect nothing more than a bunch of guys wondering through the bush.

#11 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:09 PM

It will be good to see how they approach sneaking up on sasquatches.  Researchers don't generally crawl around in ghillie suits or use other hunting methods.  I wonder if any of them will create blinds and hope one passes by, or if it will be like "Not Finding Bigfoot" and will have camera crews tromping around and all that commotion.  The fact that they are about to air shows, and there is nothing in the news about shooting one, I'm betting this first season is a bust as far as shooting one.

There have been many times where people have reported shooting one and it just walks off, never to be found.  It's possible someday these guys will shoot one that goes off and dies much later out of their sight, and sasquatches, I believe, take charge of their dead and carry them away and bury them due to the many sightings of this activity, even a park ranger has claimed to see this.

I'd be interested to hear your's and other's impressions of the show once it airs.

#12 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:13 PM

It will be good to see how they approach sneaking up on sasquatches.  Researchers don't generally crawl around in ghillie suits or use other hunting methods.  I wonder if any of them will create blinds and hope one passes by, or if it will be like "Not Finding Bigfoot" and will have camera crews tromping around and all that commotion.  The fact that they are about to air shows, and there is nothing in the news about shooting one, I'm betting this first season is a bust as far as shooting one.

There have been many times where people have reported shooting one and it just walks off, never to be found.  It's possible someday these guys will shoot one that goes off and dies much later out of their sight, and sasquatches, I believe, take charge of their dead and carry them away and bury them due to the many sightings of this activity, even a park ranger has claimed to see this.

I'd be interested to hear your's and other's impressions of the show once it airs.

Can you find the links to the ranger seeing them bury their dead.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#13 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:24 AM

Can you find the links to the ranger seeing them bury their dead.

It was a video of a park ranger witnessing this.  That video was posted at a lot of sights, but it has been scrubbed.  Considering the track record of how government agencies treat this subject my feeling is the parks service might have some input in taking it down, objecting to one of their employees publicly stating this.  

The caption with the video read as follows, “This report comes from the High Sierra in California. A forest ranger witnesses a “Bigfoot burial” after a camp was ransacked by a clan of Bigfoots.” 

http://bigfooteviden...es-bigfoot.html

I can't find much written about it, it's mostly just links to the video that has been removed.  This link mentions a date: April 6, 2014.

http://b4inunexplain...tnesses-bigfoot

Here are some skeptics talking about it.  It is mostly complaining about where is the body if a park ranger witnessed it.  If the ranger reported it then it's likely the government takes over and the ranger is out of the loop.  But people scoff at the idea the government would hide anything.

http://www.ghosttheo...bigfoot-funeral

#14 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

At Bigfoot Evidence Blogspot

http://bigfooteviden...es-bigfoot.html

Watch: Park Ranger Witnesses Bigfoot Burial [Real Bigfoot Encounters]

bigfoot-gulfcoast.JPG

This report comes from the High Sierra in California. A forest ranger witnesses a "Bigfoot burial" after a camp was ransacked by a clan of Bigfoots.

Video not available:

http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6olJq_LnMw

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#15 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:45 PM

tumblr

http://b4inunexplain...tnesses-bigfoot

Before It's News Unexplained

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#16 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

Before It's News Unexplained Fascinating Testimony! Park Ranger Witnesses Bigfoot Burial (Video)

Park Ranger Witnesses Bigfoot Burial April 6 2014 Very interesting story from a park ranger!! This report comes from the High Sierra in California. A forest ranger witnesses a “Bigfoot burial” after a camp was ransacked by a clan of Bigfoots Are you prepared? http://b4in.com/d8wf

APRIL 7, 2014 (3:34 AM)

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#17 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:54 PM

Before Its News:

http://beforeitsnews...m_medium=tumblr

Fascinating Testimony! Park Ranger Witnesses Bigfoot Burial (Video)
Sunday, April 6, 2014 6:590

(Before It's News)

Park Ranger Witnesses Bigfoot Burial 

April 6 2014

Very interesting story from a park ranger!! This report comes from the High Sierra in California. A forest ranger witnesses a “Bigfoot burial” after a camp was ransacked by a clan of Bigfoots

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#18 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:59 PM

The Ghost Theory - link

http://www.ghosttheo...bigfoot-funeral

Bigfoot Funeral?
Submitted by Henry Paterson on April 6, 2014 – 11:19 AM2 Comments | 2,796 views

One of the questions that cast the existence of Bigfoot into serious doubt is the lack of a body. Things die in the woods, it seems like over the history of stories of Bigfoot some evidence of a body should have been found. Here from Bigfoot Evidence is the story of a witnessed burial.

As described it sounds a little too, for lack of a better word, Human. I would think that a park ranger having witnessed this would have made further investigation, yet no body or location of this burial site is given. Park rangers are effectively a branch of law enforcement, witnessing a burial in the woods warrants a report. Not to mention

What would be the discovery of this century in terms of zoology and anthropology is left unexamined? We have found burial mounds from many cultures. We have deforested and developed land and found evidence of previous inhabitants through their grave sites. Never a Bigfoot grave.

I can’t help but feel that the total lack of supporting evidence, either in the immediate sense of this anonymous story teller revealing the site of this grave, or of history ever showing sings that such a grave had been found in the past makes this a slightly amusing, but wholly fabricated anecdote.

As a matter of interest, here is another theory on Bigfoot graves from Jason P.

Jason clearly has less understanding of trees than whoever created the funeral story has of how any law enforcement official should act when witnessing an unidentified burial.

Henry@GhostTheory.com

Follow us on FaceBook for updates and more.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#19 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:14 PM

Home » CaliforniacryptoHeadlineLatest EvidenceMacabreMystery of HistoryWeird news

Bigfoot Funeral?

Submitted by Henry Paterson on April 6, 2014 – 11:19 AM2 Comments | 2,796 views
gallery_5_19_28094.jpg

One of the questions that cast the existence of Bigfoot into serious doubt is the lack of a body. Things die in the woods, it seems like over the history of stories of Bigfoot some evidence of a body should have been found. Here from Bigfoot Evidence is the story of a witnessed burial.

As described it sounds a little too, for lack of a better word, Human. I would think that a park ranger having witnessed this would have made further investigation, yet no body or location of this burial site is given. Park rangers are effectively a branch of law enforcement, witnessing a burial in the woods warrants a report. Not to mention

What would be the discovery of this century in terms of zoology and anthropology is left unexamined? We have found burial mounds from many cultures. We have deforested and developed land and found evidence of previous inhabitants through their grave sites. Never a Bigfoot grave.

I can’t help but feel that the total lack of supporting evidence, either in the immediate sense of this anonymous story teller revealing the site of this grave, or of history ever showing sings that such a grave had been found in the past makes this a slightly amusing, but wholly fabricated anecdote.

As a matter of interest, here is another theory on Bigfoot graves from Jason P.

Jason clearly has less understanding of trees than whoever created the funeral story has of how any law enforcement official should act when witnessing an unidentified burial.

Henry@GhostTheory.com

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#20 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:16 AM

No commentary on any of these pasted articles?

As I said, the park ranger likely turned over his sighting to the parks service and any follow-up is in the hands of the government.  The fact that the video did not stay up very long could be telling, that perhaps the parks service objected to one of their rangers sharing this information.  The Ghost Theory analogy makes a lot of criticisms from what is not included in the video (namely no photo of the body or the location of the burial) like that is suspicious.

All I know is a supposed park ranger went on video to tell a story of what he observed and the video didn't stay up very long.  But I recently posted in the sasquatch theories section regarding the question of why we don't have any bodies or bones and noted a number of reports of people witnessing burials, or examples of sasquatches carrying away the bodies, which handling the bodies of their dead could infer they create resting places for the remains.  Many of the witnessed burials were near water, and a number of skeletal finds I mentioned in my research were also discovered near water, including some washed out of river banks during flooding.  Here's my research:

http://sasquatchrese...ones/#entry2002

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: october, 2014, discovery channel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users