4 replies to this topic

#1 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:51 PM

Discuss the Sasquatch in Upstate New York report here.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#2 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 345 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

It's been tweeted or on twitter, whatever the hell it's called.  

#3 hiflier

hiflier

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

Hello SRA Kris and SRA Todd,.

There's a gentleman who has been working diligently off and on (mostly on) for over a year on a database of reports for NY, PA, and WV, He is now working on including MA, VT, AND NH. along with some summaries regarding moonphase correlating sightings with dates/locations. When he's finished it will be quite a dataset to include lon/lat and elevations as well as seasonal information. Another gentleman has been hard at work on mainly the PacNW incorporation similar criteria.

Both are designed for looking at patterns of movement which is reallt what report databases should be able to do. These two people will be including these projects in a master work that will encompass all known sightings along with classifying those reports according to the BFRO system of categorizing sightings as "A", "B", or "C" indicating the amount and type of data in the witness reports. These kinds of references have been long overdue and should help many with experience in the field and those just getting started.

#4 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

Discuss the Sasquatch in Upstate New York 2 report here.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#5 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:33 PM

This sounds like a great area of activity.  I wonder if apples might be a better gift than oranges.  I've heard of them taking some food items and leaving oranges behind before, maybe not being familiar with that fruit, of how to eat it.  You don't eat the peel.  But I would encourage the continued leaving of food.  An orange taken and squashed and bones left behind in the tree where the orange was might be the sasquatch habit of gifting, of leaving something in turn after you've left something for it.  I also wonder about the stripped bark noted a few times in the report.  Sasquatches have been observed eating the live area of tree bark and I wonder if there was any evidence of that.  There is a layer of live bark just under the dead outer bark and before the wood of the tree that is very nutritious.  I also wonder if carrying a good camera might be better than a cell phone.  Just some thoughts.  Great report.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sasquatch, New York, Howl, Scream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users