Photo
- - - - -

Introductions

intruduction sasquatch animals research encounters north america hunt fish hike outdoors

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#141 montanabert

montanabert

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:39 AM

Thanks JeyJeti, great link.

This summer my brother and I are heading to Northern California near the Klamath River to see what we can find.

As our departure date nears I will be posting some general questions for being in their territories.

• SRA Andy likes this

#142 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:49 AM

There are a number of people here, particularly the founders of the SRA, who are very experienced and can help you with that.  

I will be doing some more research in SW Oregon sometime later this Spring.  This past Fall we were in the Klamath National Forest on the California/Oregon border when the area we had planned to go to was closed due to fires.

• SRA Andy likes this

#143 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:29 AM

Welcome montanabert, I'm glad you've join us here.  Sorry it took me so long to reply; I was away from internet this weekend.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, start topics, and dig in.  I look forward to getting to know you.

Andy

Don't Believe, Know.

#144 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

Montana Bertoletti 

Hey folks.

My goal is to learn as much about these creatures as humanly possible. I look forward to dialogue with all of you fine folks!

Welcome to the SRA

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#145 Barnman and Lady

Barnman and Lady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:34 PM

Hi Everyone! 

My husband Jim (Barnman) and I have been a member since last year but I never got around to introducing ourselves....sorry bout that! 

We live in a small town called Barnum, about 40 miles south of Duluth, Mn.  We've always been interested in Sasquatch, always went off on our own to investigate the surrounding towns wooded areas, until Jim attended his first BFRO expedition in Northern WI last year.  We both attended the expedition this year, beginning of August.  What a great experience!  Jim always believed, I was more the skeptic, until I heard with my own ears a deep "huff", wood knock, whistles, and rock clacks.  I heard the "huff" with our parabolic, and so did our leader.  Made my heart stop for a few seconds, (scary) but all my experiences on this expedition made me a believer!  We are looking forward to exploring our own MN area...learning, listening, understanding Sasquatch.

#146 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:45 AM

Did you realize that the SRA is having an expedition beginning Aug. 28th an hour's drive from Duluth, Mn, and it's free for SRA members?

http://sasquatchrese...sra-expedition/

#147 Barnman and Lady

Barnman and Lady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

Sounds like a great expedition! Will have to see if Jim's work schedule will allow.

#148 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:18 AM

Please join us, we'd love to have you. The expedition will actually be fairly close to you (< an hour). Our expeditions are similar in nature to the BFRO's (I was a BFRO organizer for several years).

That said, welcome to the forums too! 

Andy

Don't Believe, Know.

#149 Barnman and Lady

Barnman and Lady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:46 AM

Thanks Andy! As it turns out we can't make it, bummer. It sounds to be a great trip! Hate missing it.

#150 HBSquatchMay2015-16

HBSquatchMay2015-16

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:11 AM

Should have come here to introduce myself, but forgot to do so till now. I am Henry May from Boyle, Mississippi and have been interested in the subject for 40 years next March. Have had two sightings and other encounters, one in Georgia in 1984 and one here in Mississippi in 1998. Here is a bio/sighting reports of my two sightings: http://southeastsasq...reports_11.html

#151 caninedetections

caninedetections

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:11 PM

Hello,

My name is Scott. I am located in Northern Wisconsin Born and raised here. I am the Owner Operator of Canine Detections Search and Rescue K-9 Unit. 

The role of Canine Detections Search & Rescue K-9 and Handler unit is to support state and local emergency responders' efforts to locate victims/missing persons.
When someone is reported lost or overdue, Canine Detections search and rescue (SAR) dogs are available to respond, day or night, to help in the search effort. 

With that being said I am in the outdoors alot and have had a few "things that have made myself and canine companion take notice".  :blink: 

I am happy to know from doing my own arm chair research that what i have encountered is possibly real and I am not going crazy... I am looking forward to becoming part of this group I have found i cant get enough of Sasquatch research.

In closing I want to say Thank You for having me here and a HUGE THANK YOU for this group. Keep up the great work!!!

#152 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:33 AM

Welcome Caninedetections.  So, it looks like you take your dog with you when attempting field research.

#153 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 297 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:50 AM

Hello,

My name is Scott. I am located in Northern Wisconsin Born and raised here. I am the Owner Operator of Canine Detections Search and Rescue K-9 Unit. 

The role of Canine Detections Search & Rescue K-9 and Handler unit is to support state and local emergency responders' efforts to locate victims/missing persons.
When someone is reported lost or overdue, Canine Detections search and rescue (SAR) dogs are available to respond, day or night, to help in the search effort. 

With that being said I am in the outdoors alot and have had a few "things that have made myself and canine companion take notice".  :blink: 

I am happy to know from doing my own arm chair research that what i have encountered is possibly real and I am not going crazy... I am looking forward to becoming part of this group I have found i cant get enough of Sasquatch research.

In closing I want to say Thank You for having me here and a HUGE THANK YOU for this group. Keep up the great work!!!

Welcome.  I would offer up this piece of advice.  Squatches and dogs don't mix real well, so keep yours close if you think you might be around them.  There are many reports of dogs being killed by squatches.  That is one of the reasons they aren't allowed on our expeditions.  

Would love to hear about your experiences.  Feel free to file a report and someone will contact you.  

#154 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:27 PM

Hello,

My name is Scott. I am located in Northern Wisconsin Born and raised here. I am the Owner Operator of Canine Detections Search and Rescue K-9 Unit...In closing I want to say Thank You for having me here and a HUGE THANK YOU for this group. Keep up the great work!!!

Very happy to have you and your experience.  Welcome to the SRA.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#155 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:31 PM

Should have come here to introduce myself, but forgot to do so till now. I am Henry May from Boyle, Mississippi and have been interested in the subject for 40 years next March. Have had two sightings and other encounters, one in Georgia in 1984 and one here in Mississippi in 1998. Here is a bio/sighting reports of my two sightings: http://southeastsasq...reports_11.html

Welcome to the SRA, 

It seems your intro published while we were having issue on the website. Sorry for the delay in responding.

Your report is interesting.

40 years is a long time to follow a topic.  Perhaps you will provide your thoughts on our various subjects.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#156 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:33 PM

Hi Everyone! 

My husband Jim (Barnman) and I have been a member since last year but I never got around to introducing ourselves...

We are looking forward to exploring our own MN area...learning, listening, understanding Sasquatch.

Welcome and Glad to have both of you here.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#157 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:38 PM

Kris, I missed it too.  Henry May is well known as a BF researcher and should also be added to the Who's Who section.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMayDX08

I quoted Henry May elsewhere in the forum, here:

http://sasquatchrese...nment-cover-up/

#158 mcrow

mcrow

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:54 PM

Hello,

My name is Mike. I grew up in Northern MN near Detroit Lakes. Practically lived in Two Inlets, Itasca and many other wooded areas between DL and Walker MN.  I can't say that I've definitely encountered a sasquatch but I've heard things in the woods that years later I found out were possibly sasquatch howls, knocking and hoots. 

Anyway, I signed up for a membership and joined the site. Hopefully I can attend an expedition sometime or maybe there are some casual meetups to just discuss things?

#159 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 297 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:40 PM

Hello,

My name is Mike. I grew up in Northern MN near Detroit Lakes. Practically lived in Two Inlets, Itasca and many other wooded areas between DL and Walker MN.  I can't say that I've definitely encountered a sasquatch but I've heard things in the woods that years later I found out were possibly sasquatch howls, knocking and hoots. 

Anyway, I signed up for a membership and joined the site. Hopefully I can attend an expedition sometime or maybe there are some casual meetups to just discuss things?

Welcome Mike-

There is an expedition at the end of August.  Maybe you will be able to attend that one and meet the gang.  Have you listened to the 2012 Howls on the evidence page?  If so, did what you hear sound anything like that?  

Todd

#160 mcrow

mcrow

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:43 PM

Hello, Todd. Yeah, I would love to go to the August one but will be out of the state for that week, maybe I can catch one another time. Are there any meetups during the winter just to chat, discuss things?

As far as the things I heard, yes, very much like the 2012 ones posted here on the site. I had people tell me they are wolves and I've been in the woods enough to know what wolves sound like. Fist thing to separate the two is the sound in the 2012 files you can tell that the voice is deeper and more expansive than a wolf's. However, the most notable difference is a wolf howl doesn't end as abruptly as these, wolf howls tend to build up and wind down while these end abruptly by comparison. These are very much what I heard. 

This would have been around 1999-2000 in the Paul Bunyan Forest, about 4 miles or so northeast of Camp Wilderness Boy Scout Camp.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intruduction, sasquatch, animals, research, encounters, north america, hunt, fish, hike, outdoors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users