Photo
- - - - -

Introductions

intruduction sasquatch animals research encounters north america hunt fish hike outdoors

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#21 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

shelley215:

Hello Everyone!

My name is Shelley Pierce and I live in Mankato, Minnesota. I recently attended the Minnesota BFRO Expedition last September where I met some great people, learned a hell of a lot and had the time of my life. Like many of you – I became infatuated with Bigfoot in front of my TV as Leonard Nimoy talked about the giant hairy beast and the Patterson-Gimlin film rolled across my screen. I was hooked. After meeting the great community of Minnesota Bigfooters in September,   I am eager to do and learn more. I hope this forum will be a great way to interact with like-minded individuals, share some great discussions and to plan future trips in the field. I have done a lot of camping  (over a period of five years my friend and I played bocce ball in every Minnesots State Park), and I have a degree in Anthropology and Biology from MSU, and I am game to try anything. I have never had an experience with a Sasquatch, and I consider myself a skeptic, but I want to believe. As a friend of mine pointed out, you can’t win the lottery if you never buy a ticket. I won’t ever have an experience with a Bigfoot if I don’t go out into the woods and give it a try! A big thanks to everyone behind the Sasquatch Research Association for allowing this type of interaction – and I look forward to getting to know all of you in the months and years to come!

• grammasquacher likes this

Don't Believe, Know.

#22 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

markst:

Hello. I’m Mark from southeastern Wisconsin. I’m 59 years old and have had a passion for all outdoor activities for as long as I can remember. For the last 31 years, I’ve had a cabin in central Wisconsin nestled at the edge of a huge block of near wilderness forest land. Over the years I’ve had many strange experiences there that I just didn’t have any explanation for. I never gave any consideration to the idea of Sasquatch until about early 2007, when I stumbled across the BFRO web site and was shocked to discover that there were sighting reports very near my cabin. After reading enough reports, I started to get a little more open minded about the whole Sasquatch phenomenon when I realized that many of the strange things I’ve experienced are frequently reported when people have Sasquatch encounters. In 2009 I attended the BFRO Wisconsin expedition with one of my sons, and the Minnesota expedition with another son. These were fantastic experiences. I had a lot of fun, learned much and met some excellent people, including, I think, some of the leaders of the SRA. I’ve been hooked on Sasquatch research ever since. My sons and I spend as much time as we can prowling the area around our cabin, and the more we look, the more we find. I’m hoping to retire soon, and when I do, looking for the big guy will be near the top of my priority list (I may have to do a little negotiating with the wife about that)!

Looking for Sasquatch has been an extremely fun, interesting and exciting endeavor, albeit an expensive one. Since I started, I’ve purchased a thermal imager, 3rd generation night vision, Reconyx trail camera, audio recorder and a lot of other gadgets. It’s all been money well spent, but I know that the electronics equipment is just a small part of whats needed to succeed at this. I’ve got a lot to learn about this subject and I’m thrilled to be able to join an organization like the SRA headed by people that I know to be knowledgeable and experienced and who are willing to share what they know. Hopefully I can attend some future expeditions, and I look forward to meeting all of you.

Don't Believe, Know.

#23 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Thomas Drob:

My name is Tom, I hail from the Southwest State of New Mexico, I found your site via a friend from another message board, my Fellow Charger fan Todd, I have been looking for a a good open forum website that deals with this subject and am very happy you all decided to create this one. Its put together very well and I am enjoying to content.

I have been an avid researcher of the subject since I was small, growing up in California I heard the tales early in life, then the Patterson film had me wanting to know more, the subject is always sometihng I have followed. Ive read everything I come across on the animals and and almost daily I am seeing whats new out there in cyberworld, Up until a few years ago I hadnt had an exerience to shake a wood knocking stick at.

As an avid Hunter and outdoorsman, I am in the woods of Northern NM very often, in fact almost every other weekend. In 2009 on an Elk hunting trip to an area where the cousin of my hunting partner had an encouter with a Sasquatch that lured him up a box canyon at dusk only to back track on him and cut him off, (Scaring him out of his wits) We had set up camp near tht same area. 3 trailiers, a couple tents and assorted vehicles. It was not only Elk Season but Bear season was in full swing. Across the road was a camp of Bear hunters, with hald a dozen dogs, who barked and bayed at anything that moved. It seemed like they never shut up. On the third night I woke up at about 3:30 or so my body clock telling me to start making up to be ready to hit the trails before sunrise. I noticed a distinct and loud “Huff” just outside my tent, and tried to be as still as possible to see if I could figure out what it was. My first thought was Bear, but on remembering the hounds not 50 yards away that were trained to tree a bear, I wasnt sure. Then the sound came again, 3 distinct “HUFFS” very similar to what I later researched as the sound of a Gorrilla being territorial. It was very loud and very deep, at that point my thoughts went to it being something else, and the hair on the back of my next tingled. I slowly rolled over and grabbed my sidearm, and just lay there awake until the rest of the camp began waking up. To this day I still think I heard what was a Sasquatch and will head to that area this summer for my own expedition.

Don't Believe, Know.

#24 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

iSquatch:

Hello, My name is Erik and I live in Minnesota. I enjoy camping and being outdoors exploring.

My first real exposure to sasquatch, was back in the day, watching my favorite t.v. program, The Six-Million dollar man. The episode where Steve Austin, had his first encounter with the bionic sasquatch, in the woods. He sees the large foot print on the ground and hears the roar from a nearby cave, had me glued to the t.v. Then many, many years later, the internet came around and I found more and more information about sasquatch and began to think, it was possible, sasquatch is real. In 2006, I went on my first public expedition and since then, i’ve been on numerous public and private expeditions, around MN and WI. I’ve come to know a good group of like minded people, who are now members of the SRA. Their knowledge and expertise on the subject, keeps me coming back for more. With that said. I’m a believer….

Don't Believe, Know.

#25 Galahadwhidbey

Galahadwhidbey

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Hello Folks,

My Name is David I go by the Alias Galahad or Galahad Whidbey. My first, Sasquatch related, experience was back in the fall of 1963. I was just eleven years old. Short story, a group of kids were playing in a forty acre field. As we approached a fence line the forest on the other side exploded with a ruckus. Thirty foot trees began to sway, limbs from the alder trees were being ripped off about 12 feet in the air. If that wasn't enough the unseen entity let out a bellow, ROAR that knocked us to the ground. It lasted about ten seconds. The following week our fifth grade class had scheduled some library time. The librarian started the session out with show and tell. She wanted to find out our personal interest so she could steer us to books to read. Well I was still pretty jazzed about what happened the previous week so I decided to share my experience. Afterwards the librarian pulled me aside. She started grilling me about my experience... Asking me if I knew what was making that sound. I told her I didn't have a clue but I did know it was not an animal I heard before. I described the ROAR to her as a cross between a Lion and an elephant trumpet. I said it was two sounds at once. She said I have a book for you to read... It was Ivan T Sanderson's Abominable Snowmen: Legend come to life. It was this turn of events that clued me in to what may be out there. The fascination has stayed with me since then. I still have the original February 1968 Argosy Magazine that broke the Patterson Gimlin encounter. The article was written by Ivan T Sanderson.

Fast forward to Mid 1990's... The computer and the internet rejuvenated my fascination with the subject. I read everything that was out there. In 2005 I attended a Bigfoot conference in Bellingham Washington. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Got to meet many folks including one Bob Gimlin. Those contacts turned out to be good friends that initiated me into the world of bigfooting. I have spent countless numbers of hours into the field. I have taught myself to cast impressions using Rick Noll's methodology. I found and cast the smallest foot (3-3/4") on record. I developed a fascination for field recording and have collaborated with Stan Courtney and Monogahela. Currently I am a Core member of the Olympic Project with Derek Randles, Paul Graves, & Rich Germeau. I have left out much but time will tell if I have more to offer.

• SRA Kris likes this

#26 mtbaker01

mtbaker01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEagan, MN

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hello my name is Michael. I'm 34 years old and live in Eagan, MN. My interest in Sasquatch started when I was a kid and saw the PG film. I thought one day I would head to the Pacific Northwest and see if I could find one. I enlisted in the Marine Corps in high school and spent a few years as a machine gunner. When I got out I started backpacking and camping. My family was not a camping family growing up so I took what I learned as a Marine grunt and went from there. In about 2009 I came across the BFRO website and discovered there had been sightings in northern MN. I thought that was pretty exciting but didn't expect I would ever be able to find one on my own. In July 2010 I had an encounter in the vicinity of Lutsen, MN and was hooked. Went on my first expedition in September 2012 where I met a bunch of cool people and learned a lot. Looking forward to the upcoming June SRA expedition to meet new people and learn more about Sasquatch.

• SRA Kris likes this
“He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.”
JRR Tolkien

#27 andywopp

andywopp

Novice Squatcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

Hi Guys.

My name is Andy White and I am a dentist in London.

I've just had a quick read of your first post, Geoff and it was very interesting. I will go through more when I have time.

I have been mildly obsessed with bigfoot for some months now to say the least. I trawl through the net for news every day. To be a non believer would be insane unless this is the greatest, most elaborate conspiracy of all time.

I have read enough accounts, examined enough evidence to know the sasquatch has to be real. I did look at a map the other day and apparently, there may have been sightings to the south east of London.

Anyway, I just can't get over how monumental and fascinating this subject is. Unfortunately, all my friends treat me as being a bit daft when I talk about the subject. They are absolutely, resolutely closed to any consideration that the subject is a serious, scientific issue. Maybe one Scottish friend will come around. He's broad minded and a thinker and I'm working on him. It gets a bit lonely when you get laughed at and nobody wants to know.

Anyway, my ambition is to travel to the US at some stage and at least move around in bigfoot country. I think I would be petrified by any encounter but my fascination is drawing me. I have a good old friend who moved to Boston some years ago, so maybe I could start from around there.

Anyway, guys, I look forward to getting involved, at least on this forum level for now.

Andy.

• SRA Kris and SRA Jim like this

#28 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:22 AM

Welcome to our site everyone.

@ Galahadwhidbey:  You have quite a resume.  It seems we've been moving in similar circles without actually meeting.  It would be great to meet up someday and share stories.  I hope you'll find the SRA to your liking. :)

@mtbaker01: I'm looking forward to getting more woods time with you this year.  We didn't get too much last Fall as I was on the other end of the Expedition.  The June expedition this year should be great.  No one finds the squatches quite as well and reliably as Jim.

@andywhoop: I hope we get to meet you some day.  I understand the feeling of being isolated.  I have a lot of peers who think I'm a bit cracked for doing this. That's why we all have to stick together.  

Thanks for posting your intros guys.  I'm always excited to meet new people.

Andy

Don't Believe, Know.

#29 mtbaker01

mtbaker01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEagan, MN

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

I'm really excited for it Andy!

“He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.”
JRR Tolkien

#30 Galahadwhidbey

Galahadwhidbey

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

THANKS Andy,   Please let me know if you plan to visit the Northwest. Since I am part of the Olympic Project we could show you around a few places.

• SRA Andy likes this

#31 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

THANKS Andy,   Please let me know if you plan to visit the Northwest. Since I am part of the Olympic Project we could show you around a few places.

Will do! Same to you for MN and WI.

I love the Northwest.  My all time favorite vacation ever was the week we spent in the Quinault Rainforest. It was right about the time I was a newb to squatching and knew next to nothing about what to look for. Years later I found out that the cabins we were staying in are the base camp for the BFRO when they do expeditions in the Quinault.  I really want to take the boys back in a few years now that they are old enough to remember it.

Don't Believe, Know.

#32 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

Welcome Galahadwhidbey, mtbaker01 and andywopp.

I look forward to meeting as many of you in person as is possible but London is currently a bit far for me.

I also am eager to hear what you have to say about sasquatch.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#33 Jersey Squatcher

Jersey Squatcher

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Hello,

My name is Larry R and I live in north west New jersey. I'm 46 years old and have been obsessed with BF ever since I saw the PG film. While NJ is exactly squatch central, we do have our share of stories, mainly "Big Red Eye". Here is the link; http://www.nj.com/ne..._or_njs_bi.html   I consider myself an amateur researcher who's looking to learn more about BF. My friend and I recently investigated a report from Sussex County NJ. Here is the report, which is listed on NJBIGFOOT.ORG http://njbigfoot.org...rta-NJ-130.html My friend is an investigator who works for the owner of the website and he asked me to assist him. I wish I had more time to write but I have a busy work and family life. Thanks and hope to be on this site more often..

#34 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

Glad your here Larry.  I look forward to meeting you in person and also on the forums.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#35 MissSquatcher

MissSquatcher

Novice Squatcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

Hi everyone!

My name is Cori, and I am an amatuer researcher from Alberta, Canada. I have always had a keen interest in Bigfoot growing up and recently I have decided that I want to find proof of the Big Guys for myself. I am new to the BF game and I am always looking to learn more from others who have had experiences in the past.

My friends and I have been researching an area in Alberta called Kananaskis Country and have already discovered some strange things. As I venture on this journey to find evidence of Bigfoot I am sharing our experiences in my blog.

Look forward to chatting with everyone about Sasquatch!

#36 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

I look forward to your friends investigating things to take pictures and submit reports and publish photo and tell us all about it.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#37 grammasquacher

grammasquacher

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

Hello! I live in south central MN in the river valley area. I didn't believe in Bigfoot until about a year and a half ago. I was watching Finding Bigfoot on TV and it totally got me hooked. I must admit I didn't really think they were going about trying to find an elusive creature in the woods at night the right way but I am no expert so I continued to watch the show each week with great interest.

I wish I could say I have had a personal encounter with one, but I can't. My interest in the creature has me searching the web for any information and video I can find, which is how I found this site. Me and my husband have a cabin in the woods in North Central MN near the Garrison area. I started my own squatching adventures up there last summer. My husband made me a wonderful pair of knockers for wood knocking. I also have 11 grandchildren that I take with me in the evenings Bigfooting, as we call it. They are totally hooked on Bigfoot and talk about our adventures all the time. They too watch BF videos on the web.

We have had a couple of strange things happen while at our cabin. One time in the middle of the night my husband woke up to a couple of owls hooting back and forth. Then he heard a loud growl and the owls stopped. Another time while I was out walking I heard a couple of very loud "clicks" come from a densely wooded, swampy area just to my right. I couldnt see anything but it made me very nervous because I was out in the middle of "no where" with no one else around. I called my husband on my cellphone to let him know what I heard and to calm my nerves. I don't walk that route any more by myself.

I would love to hear about other ppls experiences in the Garrison area. It would be great to have another person to squatch with this summer. Keep the stories coming. I love reading them!

keep squatching and sharing!

grammasquacher

#38 madwakd

madwakd

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Hello my name is Henry, I i live in MN i have never seen a squatch but I i love crypto. I have seen loads of evidence and want to be apart of it. I'm a new member so any advice for a novice will be most welcome.

#39 smokehouse

smokehouse

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationblackduck mn

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

hey iam randy or smokehouse i live in northern mn (blackduck)  behind my house ive got tracks that ive followed for about a mile going east toward a cedar swamp they are in the deep snow in a straight line and they are 8 feet apart and the track is about 25 inches long  has anyone also seen tracks like this ???

• smokehouse likes this

#40 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

Yes, SRA-Jim has...

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intruduction, sasquatch, animals, research, encounters, north america, hunt, fish, hike, outdoors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users