Photo
- - - - -

Introductions

intruduction sasquatch animals research encounters north america hunt fish hike outdoors

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#1 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Please post a quick introduction in this topic so we all know a little bit about you.

I’ll start:

My name is Andy and I live in Minnesota.  I grew up in North Central Wisconsin in the country. I’ve been in the outdoors my whole life, having hunted, fished, hiked, camped in, and generally loved much of the wild places of the upper Midwest since I was a little kid.

I had my first encounter with a sasquatch when I was 15.  You can read the whole story here. For years, I was haunted by that incident, never really knowing what it was. In the early 2000′s, I discovered the BFRO and after reading countless reports, I realized what we had seen that night. My wife talked Kris and I into attending the 2006 WI BFRO expedition during which we had several encounters.  I was hooked.  I went on to become a BFRO investigator and expedition organizer up until last winter when I resigned my post with the BFRO.

I love squatching and am really looking forward to getting to know many new people through the SRA.  I am particularly interested in obtaining audio of these animals, especially chatter/speech, as I am a linguist and writer by trade.

Andy

PS: And yes, my avatar is a picture of me hard at work luring the squatches into my camp with realistic snoring and drool. I’m that good. icon_wink.gif

• grammasquacher likes this

Don't Believe, Know.

#2 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Due to issues with our forum and switching to this new one, I am copying everyones' intros from before April 2013 in the next several replies.  Sorry for the confusion.

• MamaSquatch likes this

Don't Believe, Know.

#3 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Jim:

Hi my name is Jim and I was the worlds largest skeptic when it came to the subject of Bigfoot (Sasquatch). My son claims to have seen one when he was ten years old. I told him it was a bear and he insisted “No Dad it was a big hairy guy”. Well years went by and I was on a fishing trip in Ontario when I had something throw rocks at me as I was conoeing on a isolated river. Thats when I started to look into the subject more seriously. I had spent my entire life in the woods hunting in the midwest as well as many western states. In my wildest dreams I would have never thought something like this could possibly exist. Well I was wrong. I since over the last five or so years have discovered tons of evidence from tracks to scat to vocalizations to trail cam photos (even though it was after scanning through literally tens of thousands of photos) to three visual sightings of my own. My personal goal is to help force the scientific community to admit they exist so that we can enact laws to protect them. I have found evidence and investigated that evidence in the midwest and a couple western states as well. I look forward to sharing my knowledge and learning from others about theirs. Lets work together toward the common goal of proving they are real, and forget about individual egos.

• grammasquacher and MamaSquatch like this

Don't Believe, Know.

#4 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

SRA Kris:

My name is Kris and I live in Wisconsin; where the Packers are still a great team. We even eat cheese over here. I grew up in North Central Wisconsin in the country. I’m an avid outdoors person when I can be. Hunting and fishing, hiking and camping, as well as squatching, are among my outdoor interests.

I had my first encounter with a sasquatch when I was 15. You can read the whole story here when Andy gives us the next installment. I was in the military overseas while Andy was busy being haunted by our experience. Later, when I was in college, Andy and I sporadically chatted about the topic of “bigfoot” which we now prefer to call Sasquatch. Andy tells me during one of our gatherings about an organization called the BFRO, and later his wife talked us into attending the 2006 WI BFRO expedition during which we had several encounters. I was hooked. I went onto become a BFRO investigator and assisting in a great many of the reports and helped the expedition organizers. I also helped scout the area for the Animal Planet, Finding Bigfoot – Minnesota show. It was during this process that I became disillusioned about many aspects of what I was part of and have silently resigned my post with the BFRO.

When Andy, Jim, & I gathered to make our ideas into something greater than the sum of its parts, the SRA was born. Through this organization I hope everyone finds out how useful the sharing of information is towards the ultimate goal we are all striving for – the FACT that sasquatch is real and accepted by the world. The more of us sharing and pooling our collective talents, the faster this will become a reality.

• grammasquacher and MamaSquatch like this

Don't Believe, Know.

#5 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

Lone-wolf:

Hello, my name is Dave.

I have lived in central MN. all my life.  I had an incident with sasquatch, pursuing our van upon leaving a friends house when I was young.  I have been fascinated/obsessed with these creatures ever since.  I enjoy camping, playing music, being with my wife and son, and bicycling.

I have been on one BFRO expedition in 2009 and was amazed at the exchange of information that resulted.  I met a lot of great people with great stories and insight of their own.  I don’t know if it should be called such, but I was also in attendance at the (unofficial- informal) SRA expedition late this last summer.  Where I was given the Moniker “Lone-wolf”… thanks to a kind man named Chris. icon_smile.gif

What do I want to get out of this?  I would like to network with folks from MY area, who understand MY area, and learn as much as I can about the Squatches we have here in MY area, their goings on, habbits etc.  and I believe this is the best place to get that knowledge.

Don't Believe, Know.

#6 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

SRA-Todd:

My name is Todd, and I’m a squataholic.  I haven’t squatched for over 4 days but I’m really feeling the urge to squatch again.

I’ve was casually interested in sasquatch most of my life, but turned into more in 2008 after seeing the Legend Meets Science episode on TV and then finding the BFRO website.  Over the years, I’ve been working closely with a good group of individuals which led to this group and I couldn’t be happier to be associated with them.  They all have a very high degree of integrity and honesty which in this field is difficult to find.  The mission statement tells a lot about the folks involved and I’m honored to be part of the group.

I look forward to continue working with everyone wanting to join this association and further the effort in bringing a community together.

Don't Believe, Know.

#7 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

LittleFoot:

I have chosen the screen name of LittleFoot as it suits me as a newbie and armchair researcher (so far, that is).

I have great respect for nature and endangered species in general.  I was born and raised in the Midwest and spent many summers in the northern woodlands of my state.  I also love the water (big lakes and especially the Pacific Ocean).  I have been to Hawaii a dozen times and I am fascinated with humpback whales and their vocalizations.  Once heard, you’ll never forget them.

I heard a Michigan researcher’s audio recordings (suspected Squatch vocalizations) recently which were posted on another site.  I then stumbled upon the Minnesota recordings which you’ve posted.  Haunting and beautiful at the same time — the woodland sounds remind me very much of the whales.  Anyway, I’m hooked and plan on following your site.  I’ll throw in that I’ve never had a sighting or an encounter but my spouse recently revealed that he did many years ago in Upstate NY.  I immediately grabbed my clipboard and started interviewing him — what a hoot — the more I pressed him with questions, the more nervous he got.  More on that later.

Don't Believe, Know.

#8 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

JosephWHoaglandSr:

My name is Joseph Hoagland.

I am a Northern Minnesota Native American from the Bois Forte reservation.  I have had several encounters with the large hairy men of the forests and have caught plenty of audio and video of them near my home.  I have yet to catch a full bodied walking sasquatch on video; however I have caught faces.  To me, these faces are very clear and defining, but to other researchers they are too blurry.  I have walked right up to a sasquatch and touched an adolescent male while jibber-jabbering.  I was intoxicated on xannax at the time and had absolutely no fear whatsoever.  Later the same night I was approached yet again, but was no longer intoxicated and was very afraid.

These hairy men have surrounded my home and terrorized me several times during the fall months of 2011.  I was extremely afraid during this time and thought that they wanted to kill me.  I was referred to the BFRO website where I met Jim and another researcher who wishes always to remain anonymous.  The anonymous researcher came to my home and witnessed knocking, howling, speech; however, his words were always that he could not automatically assume sasquatch.  I think he made these statements because he wanted a face-to-face.  I don’t know what his feedback statement was on the report but would like to know.

Anyways, the squatches visit my home now periodically, but they don’t act as aggressive and as active as they did the first few months.

I have also gone on outtings with MNBRT and got activity.

There isn’t a shred of doubt in my mind whether these creatures exist or not.  What amazes me most is how they remain so mysterious and stealthy in the forests.

Oh yeah and Jim is cool as all get out.  He gave me a free recorder and a pair of glasses that had a hidden camera in them.   I caught so much on that recorder and it’s all over youtube.   Perhaps after I pay the $40 in a few weeks to become a full member I can post some of my evidence…

Don't Believe, Know.

#9 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

monongahela:

I go by the pen name Monongahela, which is the National Forest where I did much of my early research, and had my first possible experience with a sasquatch in 1994. I was never overly interested in the subject, but in 2008 I came across audio recordings on the internet that purported to be sasquatch vocals. Many years ago the Air Force trained me to be a cryptologic linguist. I still retain those talents and realized with enough recordings to examine, I could determine for myself whether sasquatch were real or not. Within a year I’d listened to hundreds of hours of audio, analyzing it closely and transcribing the sounds I heard. I was clearly finding repeatable patterns that appeared time and again in recordings from all across North America. By the end of year two I was 98% sure sasquatch were real because the consistency of audio evidence completely ruled out the possibility of hoaxing. All I needed was some solid first hand visuals to push me over the top. That came at the 2010 BFRO expedition in Tennessee. I and three other fellows watched eyeshine and a big thermal hit for about 15 minutes, after being surrounded by wood knocks coming from four different directions.

Now i spend my time collecting audio, helping others to collect audio, and studying all the audio that I can get my hands on. If you have anything recorded that you’d like to get a second opinion on, send me a PM. I’d be happy to help.

Monongahela – http://sasquatchbioa...ic.blogspot.com

Don't Believe, Know.

#10 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

NDT:

Howdy, NDT from ND here.  Grew up in Minn (Mankato) and have been snooping monkees since the 70s.  As a teenager I used to drive the riverbottoms around Mankato at night looking for monkees, later when I was going to school at Fergus Falls, I spent many nights driving the Vergas Trails looking for what was called the Hairy Man.     I’m a hardcore lifelong hunter & outdoorsman, an incident while bear hunting in Sask in 94′ brought me to a much more active interest.  Since then I’ve snooped (I think the term “researched” is way over-used when it comes to this field of interest) in Minn, Ala, Miss, the PNW, and Canada.  I’ve hunted in a number of states and am always looking for monkee sign while hunting.  My experiences lead me to believe they are very intelligent and obviously unique great apes.  Although I don’t actively hunt them I am of the pro-kill camp.  I will state up front I’m not interested in arguing killing one vs trying to hug them and if that is your thing, go for it.   I tend to lurk a lot and post little, and after some negative experiences with groups in the 90s, do my snooping independently and my personal commiserating with a couple very close & trusted contacts I’ve made over the years.   Good luck with the new & improved SRA & forum,  Look forward to see more of what’s shaking in Minn….

Don't Believe, Know.

#11 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Jim:

Welcome NDT I am not in your camp when it comes to kill but that is a discussion for another time and place. I respect your right to believe what you do as much as I believe I have the right to believe what I do. That said I would like to welcome you to the sight and group. You mentioned something briefly about a occurrence while  bear hunting. Can you expand on that? I am always interested in hearing what others have experienced. I noticed you have made reference to monkees a number of times. Is there a reason for that? Look forward to chatting with you.

Don't Believe, Know.

#12 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

NDT:

Monkees is a term I picked up from one of my compadres who is likely one of the guys with the most first hand experience of anyone alive at this time.  He prefers a low profile so I won’t name him or say more other than he too believes them to be apes, hence monkees.   Just something we do.  I also call young bucks toy bucks, mature bucks bruisers, and so on….

In the Spring of 94′ I was bowhunting bear in northern Sask., roughly where the farmland ends and the big bush begins.  3rd-4th night on stand I had an experience that did not fit in anyway with a lifetime of hunting or poking around the bush.  I was maybe 220 yards from the road where I was dropped off, 200 yards down a ridge into deep bush near a couple sloughs.  first night on that stand were the usual swamp frog & spring bug sounds until just before dark, at which point they stopped all at once like someone flipped the off switch.  I took that as an indication a bear was working toward the bait from a bear trail around the nearest slough and readied myself for a shot.  Instead of a bear popping out, I heard what sounded like Harmon Killebrew warmimg up on a nearby tree, something I had never heard anywhere else outdoors. A couple very deliberate, spaced whacks.  My first thought was to wonder if someone was chopping wood, but I knew there shouldn’t a human for miles,  but if so why close to a bear bait, and why just a couple whacks?  I knew bears didn’t whack on trees.  It sure didn’t feel right and I figured the bear hunt was over for the night.  I got down and started up the ridge to get the hell out (it was now bush dark down there) and get to the road to meet the guide.  As I walked up the trail on the spine of that ridge it became apparent  something was paralleling me up from across the draw to my right (how far away I don’t know as it was thick, but the draw was fairly narrow, so maybe 25 or 30 yards away) not being particularly quiet about it. Now I’m getting concerned that maybe an aggressive bear is over there so  I stopped &  nocked an arrow, and it stopped.  That kind of made my neck hairs stand up.  I began backing up the ridge now watching to my left, and it began moving with me.  Whatever was over there jacking me around stopped before I got into the open, not showing itself.  I now had a pretty fair open ditch between me and the tree line so had a better defensive position.   I stood there with an arrow nocked until I saw the lights of the guides truck pulling up.  Once on the way back to his place, the usual conversation began about how was it, did I see any bear, so  I asked him if anyone was cutting wood around that stand?  He replied there were no homes closer than his farm, which had to be a good 20 miles away.  I then asked if any of his earlier hunters had mentioned anything about that stand?  Nope.  Well we had dinner and reading in my cabin that night I decided I was making something of nothing.  Good night sleep and a day of helping around the farm, by the next afternoon I was ready to hit the same stand again.   Fairly early in the evening a decent bear comes in and I pop him.  We were instructed that if we shot a bear, to stay in the stand until the guide or his son came to get us & help recover it.  So there I sit again as it begins to get bush dark, and what happens?  Bush goes quiet, Whack, Whack, and I said F…. this.  Same thing, something herds me up that ridge and out of the bush. This time the guide finds me on the road with an arrow nocked.  I told him I shot a bear but I didn’t  feel good about following up until light.  He agrees and we come back the next morning.  It had begun raining in the middle of the night and as it turns out the hit wasn’t as good as I thought.  We lost the trail after about 150 yards. and several weeks later the bear, a good boar,  was found about 75 yards further in.  I felt bad about losing the bear but I had had enough of that stand and the bush around it.   I told the guide I  wanted to hunt a new stand, as far from that one as he had.   I also asked if he had a rifle he could loan me as I had only brought my bow.   He obliged me on both requests and the last day I had to hunt I shot a very aggressive boar at 20 feet, and I’m here to tell you that experience was nothing compared to the other. I can also advise I felt a lot safer with that 06′ and 180 grainers than with my bow, and I don’t mean in regard to bears.

I could  come to no other conclusion other than something wanted me out of the area of that stand, and very cunningly & intelligently (which really spooked me) harried & herded me out of that piece of bush. Twice.  I now began to come to grips that it might have been a BF but at that point had never even heard of wood knocking and their cute trick of running humans out of the woods with intimidation behavior.  It really weighed on me after I got back home because I wondered if I could ever go in the woods and feel safe again.  Understand that in addition to being an experienced hunter, I am prior service military and a career LEO, not exactly shy or prone to spooking.  So I began learning more about monkees which led me to reaching out and gaining first hand knowledge from others  and I was amazed that what happened to me has happened to lots of others who spend time outdoors.  Too I was amazed at the amount of first hand knowledge & experience that was out there from folks who had either grown up with the things on family property and/or who decided to learn all they could about them by going out in the bush & seeking them out.

I will never know what I encountered those two nights in the bush, but it did match up with what I learned was reported monkee behavior. I strongly suspect that a BF wanted me out of that patch of woods, possibly so it could raid the bait barrel, figured with the falling darkness and me being alone it had the advantage, and decided to push me out rather than just wait for me to leave.   I find the implied calculated & measured aggression very chilling…

Don't Believe, Know.

#13 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Jim:

Thanks for sharing. I think you are right and that there are a lot of things that have happened to those of us that spend our lives in the forests of North America and are blown off. If you talk to someone (others with much outdoor experience) long enough and get into a honest discussion, they will normally share some things that were very odd or unnerving. I personally have spent nearly 75% of my free time in the forests of the midwest, and western states. I was the worlds biggest skeptic. Since have learned that they do indeed exist. So looking back in all of my time in the forest here in the midwest and out west, I thought how come I never noticed them before? Especially since I have seen every other known creature during that time (everything I may add). Well as I looked back there are quite a few times that things happened unexplainable at the time, that I was not willing to investigate further. They were always there I just was not willing or able to accept the fact that there was something like them in the forests. There are not supposed to exists!! But as I have learned they do indeed. Thanks again for sharing and I hope to talk with you and your friend more I think we have a lot to share.

Don't Believe, Know.

#14 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

NDT:

My wife is also a very experienced hunter and another BF knower.  She is from the PNW and when hunting with her ex in a place out there called Hell’s Canyon, heard a monkee scream.  She never had a doubt what it was…

Don't Believe, Know.

#15 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Rnoffke:

Squatcher from Wisconsin.   Glad to join you all.

Don't Believe, Know.

#16 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

wv171:

Hi my name is Mark.

From the wild’s of WV , I ran upon your site looking for a friend I not talked to for year or so doing web search for Monongahela.

I got into this research by accident due to my 1st love Native Trout Fishing clear back into early 80′s if not before due to strange things happen to me while fishing alone such as rocks throw in streams, big huge wet foot prints on rocks, and other strange stuff. Research beside maybe that TV Show In Search Of. was all I ever seen on subject for many years, I suspected they was bigfoot’s  But they talked on TV show like only bigfoot was in Pacific Northwest.. It really didn’t take off research wise until in 1990′s with internet and home computers started getting into wilds of WV homes.. With this I found I was very far from only one believe just maybe they is something to these strange encounters and I was not only one been having these strange stuff happen to them every once in a while back in the wilderness.

I guess my claim to fame came from the stupid idea to hide Gill Suit in woods go back in dust of night with nightscope on hand and put Gill Suit on all night long setting with my back towarrow behind a big tree, didn’t see nothing fell asleep woke up break of daylight took gill suit off to keep from getting shot from some wild 1/2 drunk WV hunter and  walked about 15 steps and got nailed by a rock thrown breaking couple ribs..  It was completely My faught I think I scared 1 that was very close to me I didn’t know was around.. I am still on injuried reserve list can’t climb them steep mt’s like I use to…  No I highly recommend no one try that stupid brite idea I had.. I am paying for that mistake daily.

Can’t research Bigfoot or do anything to relax from your normal daily job with a little laughter while doing it you in the wrong business…Oh yes trying explain to my employer about my ribs without blowing my deep cover of no body know I myself was one of them ” One Of Them Stupid Bigfoot Nut Case’s “  was very interesting.. I think we all have ran into people fall in that above group of non-believers .. My friends fishing, hunting pal’s even girlfriend and kids have no idea what I am doing back in woods even with them with me.. Not too fun being label as a nut and people in WV pretty bad for that.. Even making plaster cast and other research of that type,  I come back ASAP to do that work alone.

Don't Believe, Know.

#17 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

jbmnbigfoot:

My name is John, I live in Minnesota and became interested in Sasquatch at an early age when my grandmother followed tracks up the Columbia River in Washington in the 1970s. I was re-introduced to the subject in my adulthood when I learned of some family friends who had encounters. I attended a taping of the show “Finding Bigfoot” and seeked out local experts. That’s where I met Jim and have been working closely with him ever since. I have heard possible howls in northern MN while camping and chatter with Jim. I have also been with Jim when he caught a possible Sasquatch on a FLIR during an expedition. I look forward to working with all of you.

Don't Believe, Know.

#18 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Buzz-Farmer:

My name is Dean,I live in southeastern Wisconsin.I’m some what new to the Sasquatch community.This last Sept I took part in 2012 BFRO Minn expedition.Having met Andy an several other members of SRA.Having a chance to sit one on one with Andy an Chris S.to get a feel for what Sasquatching is about .I had a sighting of a Sasquatch back in 1980 while deer hunting.I never really talked with anyone back then for who would believe me in seeing such a creature.Up until that time I thought that such creature’s lived in the upper northwestern part of America…. NOT Wisconsin….With what I encountered I didn’t know whom to contact without someone thinking I was crazy or seeing things.So i just left it as it was for many,many years.So watching the Finding Bigfoot show I went to there web site.I found an area where I could report a sighting an other info,this is where I found out the expedition.Meeting with Andy an other’s listening to there stories an encounter’s this truly made want to learn there habits,how they live, there way of life? I listen to what Andy an Chris S.said about these creature’s very carefully.With this there HONESTY,There Finding’s,MOST importantly The TRUTH.Makes me believe that this is whom I want to be involved in.Working with an organization such as the SRA I look forward’s to learn,an working with the researchers an members. Sincerely Dean

Don't Believe, Know.

#19 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Squatchfinder:

My name is Randy Scott, I live in west Michigan, and I have always been intrigued with the idea of Bigfoot’s existence.  I thought I would share with y’all how I got started squatching.

As a kid growing up in California during the time of the Patterson film and the movie Sasquatch, how could it have been otherwise?  Then the life happened.  When I turned 18, I joined the Army and stayed in the Fayetteville (N.C.) area after I got out.  I got married and started a family, and in 1986 we moved to Michigan.  During those years, I did not give much thought about Bigfoot, other than occasionally telling my kids that “one of these days (when my ship comes in) we’re going to go and look for Bigfoot.” At which I would get a polite, “Yeah, sure dad.  One of these days we’ll have to do that,” but usually I would just get the eye roll.

Sometime late 2006 or early 2007, my wife and I were staying at a hotel.  I was flipping through the channels on the TV (what fun, we don’t have cable at home) and what did I see, but a show about Bigfoot in Texas.  If that don’t beat all, prior to this I thought Bigfoot was only in the northwest part of the country.  I didn’t know he was allover the place, but then again, I suppose when you think about it, Bigfoot and Texas do go together. Anyhow, it sure was exciting to see other people doing what I always wanted to do ever since I was a kid.

A few months after this earth shattering revelation, I was wandering around Barnes & Noble’s as I am sometimes known to do, and the thought comes to me; why not look for a book on Sasquatch.  Animals, hiking, camping, mountains, nothing, I can’t find anything on the big guy; so off to the information desk I go. “Excuse me. Where do I find books on Sasquatch?”  With a puzzled look on the gals face behind the desk, she says, “Um, well, let’s look on the computer.  How do you spell it?” “I don’t know” I replied.  She looks to her associates, who shrugged their shoulders indicating that they didn’t know either.  Undaunted, she types in her best shot – nothing.  Some customers suggest various alternative spellings, but still nothing.  Then a figure approaches, wearing all black with various metal objects protruding from her face.  She holds up a book, and under her black nail polished fingers, in big letters was the word, Sasquatch.

“Hey, wow.  Thanks” I said.
“No problem.”
“Where did you find it?”
“In the paranormal occult section,” she says matter-of-factly.
“Oh great,” I think to myself. “I’m 46 years old, lurking around the paranormal occult section of a bookstore, looking for information on a cryptid animal – monster – thing.

In 2007, I went on an expedition and had my first contact with the big guy, from that point on I was hooked.

Don't Believe, Know.

#20 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 708 posts

Geoff Wilson:

Hello everyone my name is Geoff Wilson.  I am 23 years old and have lived in WI for the majority of my life.  I grew up an avid fisherman and outdoor enthusiast.  I was always trying to escape to as far away from civilization as possible.  About 8 months after graduating high school, I joined the U.S. Marines to serve my country and grow up a little.  I served 4 years honorably to return home and begin working another blue collar job that would get me nowhere.  My love for nature grew too large again, and I made the decision to head out to Washington to attend a primitive skills/wilderness  awareness school for 9 months, which is where I’ll be until the end of May.  I just recently got accepted to Northland College in Ashland, WI to finish my degree, in what I recently decided to be Elementary Education.  Helping kids learn and have fun has always been a passion of mine.

I was supposed to attend the BFRO’s expedition in northern MN this past September, before having to cancel to move out to Washington.  So why am I obsessed with Sasquatches?  It was my first year of bowhunting at 12 years old when I had an encounter.  It scared the living shit out of me.  I had no idea what it was at the time, but I’m absolutely 100% sure of it’s identity now.  It was a Squatch!  I told my mom’s boyfriend at the time about what I had heard/seen only to be told it was a “turkey vulture” and I was imagining things.  Yeah right.  I only imagine things in my head, not with my ears and eyes.   Anyway I kept my mouth shut for a while until I realized there were thousands of others who had encountered the same thing.

I can’t wait to get more involved in the next couple of years.  Hopefully one day I will get to meet you all!

Don't Believe, Know.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intruduction, sasquatch, animals, research, encounters, north america, hunt, fish, hike, outdoors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users