3 replies to this topic

#1 Martymoose

Martymoose

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

From the experience of the members here, when do you notice Sasquatch action start to heat up in the northern states? I ask because I am becoming more interested in investigating some areas near me. I've read that they are thought to migrate and would like an educated idea of a good month to start some investigating. I am very new to this and would appreciate any input or information.

#2 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

I do not believe that they "migrate".  We have action all year round in many locations in MN.  They do seem to have special wintering areas and then food based other areas during the rest of the year.  We do know that they are much less active in the winter, moving around a lot less that in the other months of the year. We also do see a sharp increase in activity in early spring, especially when the rivers thaw.  

Don't Believe, Know.

#3 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

We do know that they are much less active in the winter, moving around a lot less that in the other months of the year. We also do see a sharp increase in activity in early spring, especially when the rivers thaw.  

I've read speculations that Sasquatches might hybernate or semi-hybernate during the winter.  There are also Indian legends, more than one tribe, that claim they burrow under the earth and live in these caves.  I have no opinion on either of those possibilities.  I was just curious if others might have any insight or opinions on those matters.

#4 SRA Jim

SRA Jim

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNorthern Minnesota

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

This is my opinion and only that. I believe they will have wintering grounds that will provide them with the things they need to survive the winter much as we would if we had to live outdoors year round. First they are going to seek "shelter". This doesn't mean they are building cabins and such. But they are seeking an area that will be the warmest possible with the most possible shelter from the elements. Caves would of course be included in this if present. If not they would seek very densely wooded areas. Secondly they will need to have a good source of water. Can they live off snow like other creatures? Sure I believe they can but would prefer to have water. Thirdly this area needs to have a source of food to carry them through the winter. This area must have a variety of plant and animal protein sources. I believe it is important that they have a varied diet to maintain their health much as we do. This area once located will need to be somewhere they can hold up unmolested throughout the harsh months. It is important for them to be able to conserve as much energy as possible. This is one reason that once I located a few areas they were holding up in during the winter I would not penetrate their core area. So given all of these factors I believe the question of migration has some factual basis on a smaller scale. But migration from the northern states to the southern states is in no way possible. If it were these migration routes would have been discovered long ago. But I feel they do migrate regionally or locally from seasonal areas out of need much as a nomadic tribe would. I feel it is possible and likely that family units may even winter together in larger areas that provide the resources to sustain them. Again this is only my opinion based on my findings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users