10 replies to this topic

#1 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

Discuss the Report for the SRA Montana Sasquatch Expedition, August 2013 post here.

Don't Believe, Know.

#2 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 325 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

Awesome report.  Question on the propped log.  From the picture, it looks like the rock was wedged into the earth along with the log.  Is it possible the rock was dislodged from its location when the log was moved and coincidentally ended up propping up the log?  

Other than that, sounds like a great expedition.  I'm sorry I missed it.  

#3 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

From What I recall of looking at the rock and how it propped up the log,

It looked placed.  I remember when Andy & I looked at it, if we picked up the log, the Rock easily fell - so were careful to place it how we found it.  I don't recall seeing the rocks indention marks lining up with the way it was propped up.  Could have been, but Andy & I and I think a third person all looked at this and none of us noticed anything odd about where the rock came from.

SO, i guess it could be as you suggest, but that still leaves the who or what did that.

It is my opinion that if a bear had done this - it would have left claw marks, which there were none of. 

This leaves People or Sasquatch.

Considering how many "flipped" rocks were in the area - something like 30 - 50 I'd like to rule out people.  Not because they wouldn't or couldn't have done it...but what is the drive or desire to flip all of the rocks...just seems very unlikely.

• SRA Andy likes this
SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#4 woohoo

woohoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

In the rock stack photo it looks like the tree bark is damaged under the rock. Maybe the damage is from the rock while the tree is growing? Any other observations or thoughts on that?
In that photo there is a long branch which crosses the main log at 90 degrees and is just under the rock edge. I think sasquatches are particular about their angles.
It has to be a created monument. If created by a Sasquatch then what is the purpose? Can it be a peace of sasq art? Not likely. A seat was mentioned and no hair was found. Then it must be a sign or marker.
  • SRA Andy likes this

#5 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

In the rock stack photo it looks like the tree bark is damaged under the rock. Maybe the damage is from the rock while the tree is growing? Any other observations or thoughts on that?
In that photo there is a long branch which crosses the main log at 90 degrees and is just under the rock edge. I think sasquatches are particular about their angles.
It has to be a created monument. If created by a Sasquatch then what is the purpose? Can it be a peace of sasq art? Not likely. A seat was mentioned and no hair was found. Then it must be a sign or marker.

It is near a water source.  Though I don't believe that squatches always have a purpose to what they do.  Sometimes I think they do things just to relieve boredom.

Don't Believe, Know.

#6 woohoo

woohoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

Having the capacity to do activity out of boredom implies a highly developed self-consciousness.  

#7 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

Having the capacity to do activity out of boredom implies a highly developed self-consciousness.  

Andy & I found in Michigan, within 50 feet of an natural spring pool, a couple small woven bundles about the size a baseball.  made of two or three thin twigs. 

SO, Boredom...play...who knows what.

We do things just to do them...I'm not sure I have a highly developed self-consciousness thought  ;)

• SRA Andy likes this
SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#8 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

Kris, remember the balsam tree that was broken as a trail marker, but after the first break something had continued breaking the top into smaller section, yet left them attached to each other.  I could see no purpose to this other then fiddling around with the tree.

Don't Believe, Know.

#9 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

Kris, remember the balsam tree that was broken as a trail marker, but after the first break something had continued breaking the top into smaller section, yet left them attached to each other.  I could see no purpose to this other then fiddling around with the tree.

Yes, I remember.  I always wondered about this.  Some activities seem to have no perceivable purpose.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#10 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 325 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

#11 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

That's just wrong on so many levels.  Weirdly enough, when I first read the title I read it as Steve Moon not Keith Moon.  Those who know will laugh at my confusion when watching at first.

Don't Believe, Know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users