4 replies to this topic

#1 Martymoose

Martymoose

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

My mother visited me this past weekend! She is retired and spends her summers on lake Winnie in Bena, Mn. We happened to be channel surfing and stumbled upon old episodes of Finding Bigfoot, and she remarked that there were many locals in that area that talk about their knowledge of Sasquatch. Have any of you done research in that area or investigated reports? My mother lives at Nodak Lodge during the summers and is there from July until October. I do recall seeing a couple of reports from around Ball Club, Deer River and the Leech Lake area. No real reason for this post other than it piqued my interest.
  • SRA Andy likes this

#2 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 325 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

Marty-

On the evidence page, the Curious George pictures were taken relatively close to Bena, in the next county over to the west. I've been up around that area and it is really good habitat to support our big friends.  If your mom hears any good stories, I would love the read about them.  Feel free to post them here.

• SRA Andy likes this

#3 Martymoose

Martymoose

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

Todd was that near Cass Lake?
  • SRA Andy likes this

#4 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 325 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

I will defer to Jim on that question.  Those are his pictures.  

#5 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

Todd was that near Cass Lake?

Jim and I are still under NDA with the BFRO for the location of the Curious George photo, so we legally cannot say where it was taken at this point, but you're in the right part of the state at any rate. ;)

I've investigated several reports in that area, near Ball Club, Wadena, Cass Lake, Leech Lake, and the PB State Forest.  It is indeed a great area.

Andy

Don't Believe, Know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users