2 replies to this topic

#1 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Discuss the Kentucky Woman Sees a Possible Sasquatch While Flower Hunting post here.

Don't Believe, Know.

#2 MissSquatcher

MissSquatcher

Novice Squatcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

Didn't see anything about this... what is going to be done with the fiber/hair??

#3 woohoo

woohoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hair/Fiber:
I agree that it appears to be plant material. I did not read that the hair on the tree and in the close up are different, so my next comments are under the assumption that the photos show the same strand.
The hair on the tree is not the same as in the close up photo. The blue in the close up is the upper corner from an SD card. The distance on my SD card from the top of the card to the bottom of the notch is less than 1/2 inch. My estimation would be the hair is close to 1 inch long; it looks much longer on the tree. The left end of the fiber on the tree looks like it curls down just off the left side of the tree. If my size estimate is close, then the fiber on the tree is too limp and heavy for a hair strand one inch long.

Footprint:
In the second photo the green throws me off a little. It appears that someone sprayed the color on the front half of the foot print. This is evident by the rocks and roots that are only half colored in the bottom left of the photo.
The creature slid making this impression. The slide is evidenced by the heavy ridge around the top of the toes and also the rock in the middle of the print was moved forward. The toes were pressed into the ground; first sign is in front of the toes and the second is the amount of material between the toes. One leaf even appears to be upright between the first and second toe. If the track is heading toward the creek it may have pressed off that foot to leap over the creek.
There are two sticks or roots which cross the print, one on the top and the other visible in left bottom of the the second photo. The direction, depression, or angle of the sticks do not change as they cross the print edges. I think they should be broken or pressed into to mud, bent, or even pressed into the print causing the other ends of the sticks to be pushed up in the air.
In the second photo the two larger green leaves are not pressed into the mud and only the right leaf shows any possible damage from being stepped on by a massive force.
Something is happening between the toes and the rock that slid. There is a ridge that passes to the right of the rock and extends the length of the print (from top to bottom). Then there is also some odd tracking between the first two toes and the slid rock. Almost like a different animal stepped into this track.
It is hard to tell from the top down photos only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users