23 replies to this topic

#1 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts
  • LocationMpls Metro, MN, USA

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

Discuss the "How to Find Bigfoot" by Randy Scott, "How to Find Bigfoot" Volume 2, and "How to Find Bigfoot" Volume 3 posts here.

Don't Believe, Know.

#2 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

I have my copy of Volume 1.

I'm looking forward to reading it when time allows.

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#3 MissSquatcher

MissSquatcher

Novice Squatcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

I truly enjoyed volume 1 and can't wait for the rest!

I have written a review for Randy: http://misssquatcher...nd-bigfoot.html

• Squatchfinder and Cowboy like this

#4 Squatchfinder

Squatchfinder

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

I would like to thank SRA and Cori for their support.

I appreciate the fact that Cori took the time to review the book for her blog. It was very kind of her to do so - thanks Cori.

I appreciate also the fact that Andy put an announcement for the book on the slider on the front page. How cool is that - thanks Andy.

#5 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

http://www.amazon.co...howViewpoints=1

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

#6 MissSquatcher

MissSquatcher

Novice Squatcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:51 PM

You're welcome!!

#7 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

Randy's second volume is now available.  See the top post for the link.

Don't Believe, Know.

#8 Squatchfinder

Squatchfinder

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

SRA alert,

How to Find Bigfoot Vol.3 is ready for your perusing. Here is the link - Amazon.com, and be sure to tell others.

I should probably mention, in case it was not understood prior – if any of you guys have any questions, issues, disagreements, need of clarifications, or suggestions on how I could have done better, you can let me know, and I will do the best I can to answer. I thought Vol.2, for example, might arouse some discussion amongst the group; whether it was the inline stepping, conclusions about stick structures, wood knocks, or what infrasound does to the body. I want to be a positive reflection of the SRA, and I would much appreciate any feedback. By the way, positive comments are also welcome. :)

Enjoy,

Randy   

#9 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

SRA alert,

How to Find Bigfoot Vol.3 is ready for your perusing. Here is the link - Amazon.com, and be sure to tell others.

I should probably mention, in case it was not understood prior – if any of you guys have any questions, issues, disagreements, need of clarifications, or suggestions on how I could have done better, you can let me know, and I will do the best I can to answer. I thought Vol.2, for example, might arouse some discussion amongst the group; whether it was the inline stepping, conclusions about stick structures, wood knocks, or what infrasound does to the body. I want to be a positive reflection of the SRA, and I would much appreciate any feedback. By the way, positive comments are also welcome. :)

Enjoy,

Randy   

Sorry, I didn't see this sooner, Randy.  I'm wiped now.  I'll get a post up on the main page tomorrow.

As for critiquing it, I'll have to read it fully first. So far, I've only had time to scan it.  I'm having a hard time keeping my head above water right now, but giving you a full review is definitely on my list of things I want to accomplish.

Andy

Don't Believe, Know.

#10 SRA Jim

SRA Jim

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNorthern Minnesota

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

I have read all three volumes. They are all written very well. Randy does a great job, but shows his opinion in volume three as to what he believes bigfoot is. I personally don't completely agree. I feel that it is a species all of its own. Neither human nor ape. But a great series to read with some very very good insight.

Jim

#11 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

Sorry Randy, I messed up.  The blog about Volume 3 is now published. Sorry it took so long.

Don't Believe, Know.

#12 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

I read volume 1; it was a great read -- lots of informative stuff.  I didn't know that the midtarsal break in Sasquatch's foot means the front part of the foot can bend down giving better traction when running and assist in climbing trees, and it can splay it's toes like we can splay our fingers to get better traction on slippery surfaces.  I recently read a critical review of Bigfoot evidence in which the author criticized the non-uniformity of foot casts, mentioning some show splayed toes while others did not.  It also mentioned different casts show from two to six toes.  That article also attacked the Patterson Gimlin film claiming the proportions of the creature fits human proportions, unlike your writing.  So, the critic is an example of people who have a bias and go to ridiculous lenghs to make data conform to that bias and your synopsis of Bigfoot's physic is a well acknowledged fact. 

I some things you might reconsider though, I doubt the very light colored skin on the bottoms of the feet in the Patterson film is due to callouses and soils.  Darker skinned human races from India, Africa, etc., tend to have lighter soles and palms.

Also, I've seen the hand of a Bigfoot up close when it tried to still a fish off of the stringer I was carrying.  The Bigfoot was laying on the ground and in the moonlight I saw a view of his right hand turned sideways (thumb and forefinger facing up) and it looked very much like a human hand with opposable thumb.  The hand was about 4 inches from my leg, and when I looked down he froze it in place, and as I turned and looked at the arm, his arm from the elbow to the hand was as long as my entire arm. 

• 11bravo.xx likes this

#13 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:21 AM

Also, I've seen the hand of a Bigfoot up close when it tried to still a fish off of the stringer I was carrying.  The Bigfoot was laying on the ground and in the moonlight I saw a view of his right hand turned sideways (thumb and forefinger facing up) and it looked very much like a human hand with opposable thumb.  The hand was about 4 inches from my leg, and when I looked down he froze it in place, and as I turned and looked at the arm, his arm from the elbow to the hand was as long as my entire arm. 

Would you mind submitting your encounter as a report?  I'd love to interview you about it and get it on the site.

Don't Believe, Know.

#14 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

The incident occurred in my very early twenties in North Carolina when I was fishing at night with five or six of my friends.  I've posted the report at another site before.  If I did submit a report here I would want to re-write it and submit details that I left out of my previous report.  We had started fishing during the daylight hours and had not brought flashlights with us which I believe contributed to the length of the encounter which lasted for several hours of it occasionally screaming and throwing rocks. At one point during that encounter I hit il with a rock, which was a grand mistake of my ignorant youth.

• 11bravo.xx likes this

#15 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

The incident occurred in my very early twenties in North Carolina when I was fishing at night with five or six of my friends.  I've posted the report at another site before.  If I did submit a report here I would want to re-write it and submit details that I left out of my previous report.  We had started fishing during the daylight hours and had not brought flashlights with us which I believe contributed to the length of the encounter which lasted for several hours of it occasionally screaming and throwing rocks. At one point during that encounter I hit il with a rock, which was a grand mistake of my ignorant youth.

Yeah, I'd really like to hear that full story.  One thing we do that few others do, it audio interviews,  Essentially, with your permission, I record our phone interview and post you telling your story in your own words.  This allows everyone to hear the witness's voice and fully understand why the researcher chose to publish the report.  Yours sounds like it would make a great oral telling.

Don't Believe, Know.

#16 jayjeti

jayjeti

Researcher

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

To be clear, are you wanting both a written and an oral report?

As far as an opposable thumb on Bigfoot, as I'm reading up on that it seems to be from hand casts, and there have only been a small number of hand casts ever made.  An opposable thumb is a thumb that is able to bend under the palm and is on a different plain than the fingers whereas a non-opposable thumb is on the same plain as the fingers and is like another finger.

I don't claim any expertise in this field, but if I pushed my hand against dirt to make an impression it would push my thumb back onto the same plain as my fingers and I wonder if whomever made that determination for the hand casts is failing to take that into account.  From what I saw, the side view of a right hand (thumb and forefinger side) you would think was very similar to a human hand except it was large and attached to a five foot long hairy arm.  The thumb was NOT on the same plain as the fingers.

Considering that man and all apes (Gorillas, Chimpanzees, and Orangutans, etc.) and primates all have opposable thumbs, how in the world did Bigfoot miss out on it?  Does that make any sense?  While reading up on it I saw a number of Bigfoot articles repeating the statement that Bigfoot might not have an opposable thumb.  There must not be any good photos of their hands, but I looked down at a hand about 4 inches from my knee which means I saw It within 4 feet away.  Moonlight lit the ground underneath and I saw a sharp image of the outline of the hand.

• 11bravo.xx likes this

#17 SRA Andy

SRA Andy

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:51 AM

Ideally, you would submit a written report.  You can make it very detailed, or just cover the highlights.  Then I'd call you and interview you, taping the interview.  We'll hit all the details in the oral interview.  I have also had witnesses whom, for various reasons, could not do a written report at all.  In those cases I just call them and interview them, then I write out the written portion based on the interview (being very clear that I am doing the writing) and post the audio of the interview. It is really up to you.  We are mostly interested in collecting the encounter reports, the more evidence we have and share, the better.  :)

I to believe they have an opposable thumb. In 2006, Kris and I found a set of knuckle prints in the soft sand by our fire.  You could clearly see the four finger prints and one round thumb print in opposition to the fingers.  From what I have seen and read though (and the print I found also bore this out), their thumb is shorter proportionally to their fingers than our thumb is compared to our fingers.  I think that his may be why some claim it is not opposable.

Don't Believe, Know.

#18 Vistasofmontana

Vistasofmontana

Novice Squatcher

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

I am curious as to where we can get copies of Randy's books? Did I miss a link?

#19 SRA-Todd

SRA-Todd

Researcher

• Researchers
  • 345 posts
  • LocationRamsey, MN

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:40 AM

Yes, there are links in the posts above.  I just tried a couple and they still work. 

#20 SRA Kris

SRA Kris

Board Member

• Administrators
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:03 PM

Yes, there are links in the posts above.  I just tried a couple and they still work. 

Here they are again:

Volume 1 

http://www.amazon.co...scott + bigfoot

Volume 2

Volume 3

SRA Kris
Don't Believe, Know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users