We are pleased to announce that the 2017 SRA Sasquatch Expeditions are now scheduled and open for registration. As a part of our mission to conduct field research and educate people about sasquatches, we will be hosting two expeditions in 2017 on May 18-21 and September 7-10, open and FREE to all SRA Members, Researchers, and Patrons.
These expeditions will be led by SRA-Andy, SRA-Jim, SRA-Kris, SRA-Todd, and/or SRA-Chris. Together we have organized and/or attended over three dozen public and private expeditions since 2006, including BFRO expeditions, SRA expeditions, and others. In addition, our team of scouts and researchers have logged thousands of hours in the field with these creatures. Of the expeditions we scouted and organized, all had at least audio encounters and most had at least one visual encounter with sasquatches. With the knowledge we gained through these experiences and years of researching sasquatches, we will bring you to an area where you have the best opportunity to encounter these creatures yourselves.
This year we have 4 areas we are focusing on in Northern Minnesota/Wisconsin, each having had encounters within the last year or two. For those who went last year, we will likely not be returning to that spot this year, wanting to give it a rest for a year or two. he other is a brand new location that we are very excited about. We’ll have more information about the locations we are looking at as the dates get closer, but you should be prepared to travel to either North Central Minnesota or Northwestern Wisconsin
Attendance is limited and based on a first-come-first-serve basis. Sign-up early to reserve your spot.
What We Will Provide
- A location that has recent/ongoing sasquatch activity where we can camp
- Training classes in how to find sasquatches, tracking, equipment, sasquatch biology, cast making, safety, etc…
- A small group camping experience in a hot spot with an SRA director, researcher, or patron in each group
- Access to the SRA equipment, including thermal cameras, trail cameras, I-Kams, audio recorders, and more
What We Require of You
- You must be an SRA Member (Click here to join!)
- You will need to bring your own camping equipment and food to last for four days of primitive camping. If you lack the experience to do this but want to learn, this is a great opportunity to do so as we have many experienced outdoors men and women who can help you figure out what you need and how to camp. Note that most expeditions do have room for a few trailers/RVs (no hook-ups though). If that is something you need, please discuss it with us when you sign up.
- You must have a 2-way, family-band radio for use during the expedition.
- You must be 12 years old or older. Attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. These attendees do not need a separate SRA membership from their accompanying adult to attend.
- You must inform us of any physical limitations you have that may impact the expedition, such as heart condition, asthma, diabetes, mobility limitations, etc… We will be staying in remote locations without immediate access to running water or toilet facilities. The expedition organizers reserve the right to limit you from partaking in more strenuous or dangerous activities if they feel you cannot safely perform the tasks required.
- Must have access to a computer, have a valid e-mail account, and be registered on the SRA Website at the Member level or higher. We will be coordinating the expedition on an expedition participants only group in our forums.
- You will be required to sign a Liability Wavier and a Non-Disclosure Agreement before you will be allowed into the expedition forum group or to attend the expedition.
- You may not bring pets of any kind. This is not only for the sake of the expedition, but also for the safety of your pets.
Cost of the Expeditions
- SRA Member: Free!
- Non-member: Join the SRA as an SRA Member before signing up for the expedition; click here to join!
How to Join an Expedition
If you would like to attend, please send the following information via e-mail to the SRA-Andy@sasquatchresearchers.org e-mail address:
- First and last name and age of everyone who will be joining you (all adults must be Members; all children ages 12 to 17 need not be members but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is)
- Expedition dates you wish to attend
- SRA website username
- Phone number at which we can contact you
- Your e-mail address
- Your mailing address
- A brief introduction of yourself including a description of your previous sasquatch experience and camping experience/preparedness (You can skip this if you have been out with us before; just let us know when).
We will contact you within one week of receiving your e-mail to register you for the expedition.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below or call the SRA Hotline at (218) 789-1327. We will provide an answer within one day.
Note: Photos in this article are representational only and are not from the actual location.